• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OLOy brand RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I'm seeing a lot of this brand on Newegg and even on Amazon. I'll admit that I haven't searched the ends of the earth but I cannot find anything about this company or get any idea for performance or quality, etc. Have you guys looked into this brand at all?

This answers part of my question.
"oloy-memory.com is 4 months 6 days old."

Been seeing that too. All RAM chips are made by just a half a handful of companies anyway so it probably would be as good as any other similarly priced RAM.

China Company.
Chipset Technology Holding Limited in Kowloon.
TradeMark was released in 2018 for OLOy.

From the origin of this company, it's likely Kingston memory. This is a guess, I really don't know.

I find it curious the stickers are coverd in the pictures, probably has the original makers part numbers on it.
Thus unless someone buys a stick and pulls the heat sinks off..... we'll never know!

I doubt it's related to Kingston. Their website says nothing but their products are not close to what any higher ranked brand is offering.
Anyway, there are more Chinese brands, some were simply sold on their market and never out of Asia. The same as there are graphics cards and motherboards sold only in China and near countries. In last 2 years some brands started to appear on Amazon or Newegg. Quick browsing and there is something like Gloway or V-Color and some other brands which are never mentioned anywhere.

Last edited:
Woomack. I have seen the V-Color too but not as much and it didn't trip my geek sense until you mentioned it.

They have funny looking RAM as I see. There is a chance I will get something for review.

I got some budget DDR3 from Amazon a while back. It came with Nanya ICs. I just needed something to fill the slots on a benching rig so didn't care about OC value, but the 1333 MHz bumped up to 1600 MHz with a couple button clicks in the BIOS. No muss, no fuss, no timing changes or voltage adjustments. For $20 for two 4 GB sticks I'm happy.

Yeah people get focused on the big 3 IC makers Samsung, Micron and Hynix, but there are others like Nanya and Elpida, probably a number of other ones too that don't get much attention. The impression I get is that they are inferior IC's but maybe that's just more hype from the big 3. Does Windbond still exist?

No idea on Windbond.

The impression I get is that they are inferior IC's but maybe that's just more hype from the big 3.

Yeah, I got Sammie B Dies on purpose, but I intended to OC the snot out of my RAM. They're all the same otherwise. At equal speeds and timings the workload doesn't care if it's $20 Nanya sticks or Trident Z, although I do like the warranty on the G. Skill pieces. :D

Yeah people get focused on the big 3 IC makers Samsung, Micron and Hynix, but there are others like Nanya and Elpida, probably a number of other ones too that don't get much attention. The impression I get is that they are inferior IC's but maybe that's just more hype from the big 3. Does Windbond still exist?

Elpida was purchased by Micron some years ago. Some time after that there were still memory chips with Elpida logo, especially in graphics cards. Right now I don't think you will find any.
I thought that Nanya was sold too as there was quiet about them for some time but they still take some market shares, especially in lower series memory kits.
Winbond is not not manufacturing DDR memory afaik. They still manufacture other chips under the name of Nuvoton.

Elpidas are actually uber good! My ddr3-1067 can easily run 1600 7-7-7 and I was able to bench it at ddr3-2000, although I doubt it was fully stable, but I was in windows and able to complete benchmarks:D

48332772372_122caea9ea_b.jpg

What about "Team" who's big line seems to be T-group. I've seen them for a while on Newegg but never gave them a second look.

They're quite big but not popular on some markets. I've reviewed some of their kits and I have mixed experience. Their quality is good but not the best. Their XMP profiles are often close to max OC. Their lower series can be easily replaced by most of competitive memory kits.
When you get a good kit then it will OC great. Most of their current kits from Dark Pro and Xtreem series are on Samsung B. However, many are not binned high or run close to their max possible clocks (at lower voltages). You can get a kit that will hit a wall at 4133 and the one that will make 4800+. Their 3200 CL14 series are the same. Some will make 4600+, some will stuck at not much above 4000, even though all are on the same Samsung IC.
There are also 8pack series memory kits. Funny is that the overclocker who supposed to promote this memory quit from competitive benching before Team Group released this memory. In short the same kits as any others but out of the box are available at a bit higher clocks. Even though supposed to be the best, it's not guaranteed that will OC high.

My last Team Xtreem Special Edition 4133 18-18-18 1.40V could make all (!!?) 4266 CL19-19-19 and could boot above that only on ASUS MXIG but still couldn't make much more than 4400. On the same motherboard much cheaper HyperX 4000 CL19 passed 5266.

Back