• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG!!! God is with ME!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya basically whatever is left is rubbed in real good and wont be coming off. I basically drenched the chip in 70% isopropyl alcohol and SCRUBBED IT. Thats why I thought it was gone, cuz I really scrubbed hard and the chip was soaking. After I reapplied, a small glob fell off the side and onto the brown, and i wiped it slightly, but not much cuz i didnt want to spread it.

Somehow every time I try to wipe it off, I start wiping and then take the tissue off to see more of it appeared in other places of the chip. I'm just not good at it.

Yo guys wtf! Today I checked my temps and they went up to 48 c! Yesterday they were pretty much 44 all day. Did the AS3 melt or something.

if you ever have AS falling off the chip, then you have way, WAY to much on there. it takes a very small amount of as3 each time you apply the chip. do a search for how to apply thermal grease, cause you might be doing something wrong. it should never be just falling off the chip.

as for the as3 melting. yes, it does "melt." but this melting is usually a good thing. it takes many hours for most thermal paste to set properly. as it heats up, it will seap into the little tiny grooves in a heatsink and processor. this is what it is supposed to do. as it sets, it will not be taking up as much space between the 2 surfaces that you actually want touching. you dont want thermal paste covering both of the surfaces you are connecting. the metal to metal will have a much better thermal transfer. you want the thermal paste to fill in the little grooves where the 2 surfaces cannon meet.

Back