• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omg I can't stop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have missed out on the winter temps, its freezing here, but I broke my mounting thing for my waterblock. I really wanted to check on things, so I made a makeshift mounting thing for my block and turned it all on. I was idling at 13C, I might open up my window and close my door to keep the heat from the rest of my house out just to se where I end up when its below 0C outside.

Jame Gumb said:
I saw it on McGuyver..........it's ok as long as you throw in that qualifier.:)

Air duster is fun. If you want another use of it, you can huff it, and as the denser air from the can replaces the air in your lungs, you get a nice buzz from lack of oxygen. I've never done it but it's pretty funny to hear stories about people trying to get high off the stuff.

CWynn said:
Air duster is fun. If you want another use of it, you can huff it, and as the denser air from the can replaces the air in your lungs, you get a nice buzz from lack of oxygen. I've never done it but it's pretty funny to hear stories about people trying to get high off the stuff.

people who huff air duster are living proof the gene pool requires chlorine :/

yeah lol my friends are all like yeah it makes your voice so deep...

ive never done it and not planning to lol....but i just like to nod and agree

anyways since were offtopic a little.....its 34f outside and well now its 34f in here to =) lol

Outside temp is reading 0C, while the temp probe on my water is reading 16C. I have the window cracked about a foot, and only 1 of the 2 120mm fans going on high. I'm happy. :santa:

5|*42 said:
I still wouldn't recommend spraying your card with canned air upside down tho, as liquid can come out of there.

I would. I've done it. The liquid is not conductive.

SewerBeing said:
Bah weak :) I put on a hat, sweatshirt, coat, boots, and gloves (and I mean the thick ones) then open both windows, close the door, and turn on the ceiling fan :)

pfft. the other nite while benching, I had long underwear on, a pair of jeans, 2 pairs of socks, boots, ski-pants, a t-shirt, a hoody, a winter jacket, and a touque on :) My motherboard temp was 4°C. :) the room was way cooler though, as i could see my breathe.

rofl nice job =)

at least i know im not crazy anymore

my parents always walk in my room and they're like....is it cold enough in here?(sarcastically)
im like psh cold i havent even started overclocking yet because i need it colder

10*C and dropping......

If it keeps up like this, I'm going to run into a rather large problem. Only running distilled water atm. :eek:

Are you just opening the window, or ducting something to your RAD? I haven't completed my system yet, so I think I'm gonna move my computer near the the window, put the rad out the back, and use the tube I had for my AC duct as a window duct.

Oh yeh, that would be the other thing that tells you you have gone to far. Lol

"Hmmm, why are my temps skyrocketing I quietly wonder to myself..."

5|*42 said:
Are you just opening the window, or ducting something to your RAD? I haven't completed my system yet, so I think I'm gonna move my computer near the the window, put the rad out the back, and use the tube I had for my AC duct as a window duct.

My box is sitting on a little stand I made, next to the open window. :santa:

Can't imagine turning on the other Delta........

....and my worst fear, is waking up to the noise of the pump grinding on ice chunks. :eek: Added a tad of anitfreeze, so I SHOULD be ok. :shrug:

You know you've gotten too carried away with it when you spend a weekend digging a 4x6 FOOT hole in your yard and filling it up again.

Just to bury the heat exchanger for your water cooling system. ;)

With the moving water plus the heat from the CPU, it would think it'd have to get pretty d*mn cold in your room to freeze the water in your loop.

rogerdugans said:
You know you've gotten too carried away with it when you spend a weekend digging a 4x6 FOOT hole in your yard and filling it up again.

Just to bury the heat exchanger for your water cooling system. ;)

........hmm............wonder how much of a pressure drop that would make......

Striker75th said:
rofl anyone ever tried putting ice cubes in their reservoir?
That wouldn't work as well as you'd think, but what people do do (teehee) is use dry ice as a sort of 'nitro' to see how high they can OC.

Back