• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omg My Heart Is Beatin Fast!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On some mobo's where the clip is facing the top of the case.. making it near impossible to get the HSF on without removing the mobo. However, on my EPoX 8K5a2+, it has it where the clip is facing the front bezel, making it ALOT easier to install it without removing the mobo. If I do leave the mobo in, I remove ram, HDD cage and vid card.. just to be sure.

Well alot of people are talking in terms of if there is enough room to work in the case without removing the mobo. That is definatly a factor but most cases have the realestate. I think the problem that this particular person had though probably has more to do with not being able to visually confirm the mounting of the HS than not having enough room to work in there. Even a roomy case doesn't always have enough room to fit a human head next to the cpu socket to confirm the alignment of the HS!

When I remove the SLK800 in the case I protect the mobo with credit cards in case the the screw drivers slips;)

I just put my new mobo and stuff in last night (couldnt wait for new proc which comes tomorrow, lol). The SLK-800 i put it wasnt bad at all. And (surprisingly) i got it right on the first try, and am very impressed. Went from almost 50C load to now 24C load (with a Vantec Tornado, and though they are loud, its livable :))

NCtramp said:
When I remove the SLK800 in the case I protect the mobo with credit cards in case the the screw drivers slips;)

Thats a much better solution than how I did it last time. My screw driver slipped and I tore a hunk out of 1 of my fingers! Rounded edges in your case only protects you so far. If your tools don't have rounded edges then watch your fingers! :)

My AX-7 was VERY VERY hard to install the first time. Took me a very long time and nearly gave me a heart attack.

Now that I've taken it off so many times, it's loosened a lot and is a lot easier to install.

Back