• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG-Sprung a Leak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RDWest2005 said:
i use all fuel line worm clamps

i only have the plastic clamps on pump

but i just PM a guy about how to clean up the mess now - i think its left a slick feeling film over it all

i don't know whether to soak the whole board under alchahol and card then blow them off with air compressor and let dry or what

~RD

Oh I see what you mean, you didn't tighten the plastic barbs tight enough, I thought you said the plastic clamps weren't tight enough. I know what you mean about stripping the plastic barbs though, I tightened mine down until they couldn't tighten anymore, but I was sure afraid that it would break the plastic or strip the threads. I can certainly understand your fear of tightening them tighter. They are strong though and I think it would take someone seriously trying to break or strip them to do so.

RDWest2005 said:
i use all fuel line worm clamps

i only have the plastic clamps on pump

but i just PM a guy about how to clean up the mess now - i think its left a slick feeling film over it all

i don't know whether to soak the whole board under alchahol and card then blow them off with air compressor and let dry or what

~RD

Soak the board in alchahol and then bake it in the oven for a short amount of time. Set oven on lowest temp and leave the oven door open maybe 6 inches.

Onetime I was performing some maintenance ohn my loop and I was too lazy to remove all componets from the case, and well I messed up and while the loop was open, a tube slipped away from me and shot distilled water\antifreeze all over my P5AD2-E 775 socket. The method above took care of it though.

i dunno about baking it in the oven. I am just gonna go and unhook my loop, take the stuff out, bathe it, dry it, and try it tomorrow.

WORD OF CAUTION

Rubbing alcohol as purchased from the druggist is a mixture of alcohol and water. It is entirely possible to evaporate the alcohol and leave the water on your mobo. My guess is the thorough drying after the alcohol bath is the key step.

CoachB

CoachB22 said:
WORD OF CAUTION

Rubbing alcohol as purchased from the druggist is a mixture of alcohol and water. It is entirely possible to evaporate the alcohol and leave the water on your mobo. My guess is the thorough drying after the alcohol bath is the key step.

CoachB

The higher the percentage of Isopropyl, the more alcohol content and less water it will have. Just buy 91% and everything will be ok.

about 1/3 coolant and 2/3 of just tap water[\quote]

Do yourself a favor and go buy a .70 gallon of distilled water. You really ARE lucky given that you are using tap water. Most tap water is quite electrically conductive, not to mention that the junk in the tap water can settle on your components.

Back