• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMGWTFBBQ far cry overheated without oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

levantine_x

so When I was playing Farcry today I ran into a rather frustrating situation. I've been using Riva Tuner to OC, and when I decided to play Far Cry I set all of my values back to default. Whilst playing, I became very angry...and why... becuase Far Cry made my EVGA 7800gt 518 overheat without any over clocking and all I have to say is WTF. I wasnt even on 1600x1200. When I play FEAR, its a stable 59. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

When I had reset everything my fans went back to default as well which might have been the problem since they were at like 43%. Anyhow, not that long ago I want to Newegg and bought myself a an nv silencer :). So I will see how that works out.

My card hits 70 c at default clocks with the reference cooler, don't think it is a big deal unless you see artifacting. Stock speeds = 460/1300

Back