• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

on board sound vs my xtreme music? MSI 890GXM-G65

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

like subject says....I am curious which would be better.

the on board has spidif my xtreme music doesn't

thanks

Sound and audio subforum would be more appropriate for this question.I own xtreme music and as far as outputting to headphones ,it is miles ahead of onboard.Not certain about outputting trough spidif , however.

I agree on both counts. You'd get a better answer in the Audio section but I doubt there's any on-board sound as good as anything except a cheap sound card. Good sound cards have no equal. :)

There is something about the optical cable, but I can't remember what it was. Seems like one of the audio guys was telling me it's actually a lower sound selection than 5.1? I don't know, you should ask in Audio - some of those guys have forgotten more about these things than most of us will ever learn ... ;)

thanks guys.....yeah I figured....optiocal while a nice input/output option....still is originating for very limited hardware.

thanks

Back