• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On to the next issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bashiier

Registered
Ok now that i got that desktop of mine to work thanks to some help.. theres another issues im trying to figure out and normaly in this area im good at working on.. i tryed to use the xp repair disk and the install disk repair..
i had to reformat my desktop and while its installing from the disk it keeps getting errors well long story short it it wont save the files at the end of the install it sat there for bout 1h 30m saying it would be done in 7mins any ideas or sugestions... im about to attempt to put windows vista on it

UPDATE: 2 hours later it started to go now its stuck at 5mins till complete :)

IMAG0013.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds like a complex problem involving something else and disk errors. It could be the HDD has bad sectors or the XP disk might be damaged. I would check both of these things first before continuing with trouble shooting. If your bios has built in diagnostics this might be a good time to use them. If not you could burn a copy of UBCD run memtest86 for about 2 passes and then do disk checker. If you pass all of those its probably the CD.

i know its not the hdd i just bout a new one and put it in today im guessing the cd so ima have to get a new copy or just upgrade the computer to vista

Back