• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One big fan or 4x smaller fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, there must be something wrong there to have temps that high running XFire cards. Maybe if you were folding 24/7.... Have you overclocked these Vid cards?

Its possible, if the cards are close enough together, though i have no experience with that gpu cooler. I have 2 6950s unlocked, asus direct DUII cards. Either card alone, idles a couple degrees above ambient, and wont break 70c while fan is on auto and stays below 20% while under full load for 8 hours.

But both of them in crossfire, the top card will break 90c in minutes with the fan manually set to 100%, which is disturbingly loud, i could hear it through my headphones while gaming. All because of a lack of space between the cards. Side panel on or off didnt matter, extra 120mm fans placed to force fresh air as best i could between the cards didnt matter. This was nothing that a couple of swifty mcw80s couldnt fix though.

That does not look too bad with them at 100% How much louder is it ?

Back