• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

one of my harddrives disappeared!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brentonius

Registered
I just installed windows 8... i think i like it so far, just gonna take some time to get used to everything.

everything installed okay, i did a clean install. previously windows 7 was installed on my C drive, i decided to put windows 8 on what was my F drive before. i had C, D and F drives... im missing what used to be the C drive. its just not showing up.

anyone have any ideas on why windows isnt seeing it?

edit: actually now that ive looked at it more, the other half of the harddrive that has the OS partition on it is missing too...

edit2: AHA! i figured it out, they weren't formatted...

so now i have another question. I want to have my program files installed onto my 300gb harddrive since the partition that windows is on is kinda small... can i just move the program files folders from my C: drive to the other one? or would i just start installing stuff on the hard drive that i want it on?

Last edited:
so i went into disk management... it can see the hard drives... but i guess i don't have something set right... i'mm guessing they aren't formatted right or something?

Attachments

• missing hdds.jpg
    missing hdds.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 114
Back