• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One quad down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rickdstik

The microATX q6600 has been acting really stupid of late. Moved it into an Antec Skeleton at Christmas, had to swap out the Hyper-212 becuase it was too tall. Put a Coolermaster Genesis on it, and still having crazy CPU temp issues. Cores 0/1 will shoot up to 70+ in no time, while 2/3 stay where they should at around 55C. I think I'm going to pool shopping this weekend for this chip, I think it's time it goes swimming. Will be down for the forseeable future though. This box is probably close to retirement as I'm getting my i7 build started *thanks Fry's for putting the 920 on sale today* (though it will be after 1/20 before its completed as the board Im going after will not be available until then) ... most likely will end up at my dad's place as his replacement PC (currently running a P4 3.6 GHz)

Last edited:
Back