• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Only 3.19 usable ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

I installed windows home server 2011 64-bit on an old amy x2 machine with an Ati xpress 200 chipset and when I go to computer properties it says I have 4GB of ram but only 3.19 of that is usable. The bios also reads the correct 4gigs of ram.

I installed windows home server 2011 64-bit on an old amy x2 machine with an Ati xpress 200 chip-set and when I go to computer properties it says I have 4GB of ram but only 3.19 of that is usable. The bios also reads the correct 4gigs of ram.

Go into your computers BIOS usually F2 or DEL key and find the section where is shows shared graphics memory you can lower it down to free up more to the system, it usually shows up as 32/64/128/256/512mb it wont make much difference in performance because it's on board if you can I would buy a dedicated graphics card that way your system will use the full 4GB and it will increase performance for graphics and overall system as a server if your using it.

Last edited:
I have no settings like that in a bios because its an OEM bios. The motherboard runs an ati xpress 200 chipset and the computer is an HP a1250n.

If I put in a PCI-E card it says 3.25gb usable. Still not the full 4gb though

pre may ginalaw kaba sa msconfig ? registry tweaks ? have you tried a new ram set ?

its either bad ram or bad settings.

Back