• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinion on first custom watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diviine

Registered
Hey fellas,
Im converting over to a custom watercooling loop as air is just not cutting it enough!

Just want your opinion on these things im going to purchase and if there decent for what im going to cool.

Im planning to get a 2x120mm rad at the top, then a 1x120 rad for the rear of the case which will be going to cool my CPU -> 1st GPU -> 2nd GPU.

Heres the list

Waterblocks:
Koolance CPU-370 CPU Waterblock
EK Full Cover VGA Block EK-FC570 GTX SE Acetal+EN Nickel

Radiators:
Koolance Copper Core CU1402V High Flow 2x140mm Radiator
Koolance Copper Core CU420V High Flow 1x120mm Radiator

Pump:
Bitspower D5/MCP655 Pump Mod Kit Matte Black

Resevior:
XSPC Laing DDC BayRes One

Fittings and Tubing:
Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black 3/8 Fitting
Koolance Hose Clamp for OD 19mm (3/4in)
Koolance Tubing 3/8, Clear UV-Reactive

Obviously most of it is Koolance, as I have read that they are very good.

3x120 total rad is a little light for dual 570's and a cpu. I did that and it works but temps aren't any better. I then added an additional 2X120 of rad and am very pleased with the results. total rad I have is 5x120 (a 360 and a 240). I would try to get at least another 120 of rad in there so total would be 4X120 (2 240, 1 360 and a 120, 1 480).

Yeah that seems fine to me looks like a great loop. My general rule is one 120/140 rad for each water-block, there is a point where no matter how much radiator you add the temps will not move. If you where worried about more cooling and need to keep it those size of rads you can just go thicker rads or higher CFM fans. Of course all depending if you want a silent build or not. The only thing I see that I like to add in my builds is a T-off so I can do easy drain and clean maintenance, but without seeing what you see in your build you might have already thought of that.

Would love to see some pictures on how it turns out:)

More rad=better temps moving less air.
I'd go at least with a 2x120 for the cpu and 3x120 for the gpu's.
If you want a silent system, 2x120 for the cpu and 4x120 for the gpu's.

listen to this man.

Yeah i was looking on my case where i could mount the bigger rad, but ill just build a custom bracket and mount it ontop.

And with the double rads should i get a double pump system? One for the CPU and one for the GPU or just leave the one pump going through both radiators?

Back