• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions welcome on build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's see...

Samsung 840 PRO is what you want.

1KW PSU is massive overkill for a single card, even the 780. A quality 550W PSU will handle a 780 and an overclocked haswell quite easily.

2x4GB for a gaming rig is also plenty of ram.

So, it looks ok, but you can save a few bucks and still have a more than awesome gaming machine (suggestions I listed are money savers that do NOT affect FPS).

Let's see...

Samsung 840 PRO is what you want.

1KW PSU is massive overkill for a single card, even the 780. A quality 550W PSU will handle a 780 and an overclocked haswell quite easily.

2x4GB for a gaming rig is also plenty of ram.

So, it looks ok, but you can save a few bucks and still have a more than awesome gaming machine (suggestions I listed are money savers that do NOT affect FPS).

Ok recommended changes made to SSD, PSU a little smaller and MEM.

Last edited:
You can literally just get the cheapest set of RAM with the specs you want. No real difference between them. Even heatsinks on DDR3 memory are more for show than necessary.

If there is nothing else noted that i need to fix I will say thank you all for the input on the build. I will check back in when I get her built and she is online and let you know how she is.

6:22 pm
Judging by the silence I assume its safe to proceed with order.

Last edited:
Back