• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 146 - CABYE 0540 FPBW results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey, Eva, long time no see buddy. Anything good ever happen with Tom (sorry I bring it up)? I just never found out the conclusion.

Anyways, you're making me want to buy an opty! :) This is the first time I've heard of OCCT program, and Toast (don't laugh).

Thanks for the info!!!

yeah only really tried out OCCT recently nice app

as to Tom/tblmemory.com he did a total runner and claims not to remember me at all and doesn't remember anything about a refund :rolleyes: so i lost US$472 from the ordeal :(

He'll have a major beatdown come to him someday, the day he messes with someone more local, lol.

OCCT is freeware? What's that TOAST program... is it more powerful than CPU-burn and p95 small fft?

toast generates the most heat along with stresscpu more than p95 or cpu burn in

OCCT is freeware, seems to be in between them

i.e 3031mhz at 1.568v load temps for
cpu burnin = 44-46C
p95 small fft = 45-50C
stresscpu = 47-51C
toast = 46-51C
OCCT = 46-48C

as to Tom, i did log a fraud incident report at http://68.166.162.20/repoform.htm no idea if it got any progesss lol

Keep me informed about that jerk.

Anyways, does Toast have a "disable error-checking" option like CPU-Burnin does? Maybe I can use that program instead for burn-ins...

Have you used it for burning in at all? I may try using that if it's a better stresser...

I want to get one just to see how high I can clock it....over a GHz overclock that is just insane I tell you. I might just have to pick one up :)

g0dM@n said:
Have you used it for burning in at all? I may try using that if it's a better stresser...
yeah i haven't any benefits of burning in at all with any app - all it seems to do is let the thermal paste set in properly hehe

evancold said:
I want to get one just to see how high I can clock it....over a GHz overclock that is just insane I tell you. I might just have to pick one up :)
Word is that prices are dropping on the 939 opties as well. I'd say give it a day or a few... just watch. I'm gonna cancel my backordered 144 ($158.XX shipped) if monarch lays the pipe with some nice pricing on the 146s.

g0dM@n said:
Word is that prices are dropping on the 939 opties as well. I'd say give it a day or a few... just watch. I'm gonna cancel my backordered 144 ($158.XX shipped) if monarch lays the pipe with some nice pricing on the 146s.
I honestly would not recommend monarch. I just got mine today, after hassles with shipping, and it came in a large box, in a small plastic case, with NO padding.

I went threw hell once with monarch, but they refunded me $50 for my troubles. I received a completely damaged CPU, and then the replacement one never got to my house, since the shipping label was printed off-center. It showed half of my first name, no street number, and half of my town's name. I had to drive 35min each way to FedEx to pick it up... nevermind waiting 30min for it there, but an hour's worth of gas too!

Wow, that's really crappy. I've been hearing both good and bad things from Monarch lately, don't know what's up.

Well, it was crappy, but they made up for the whole thing by giving me a $50 refund and a replacement CPU. :)

Midnight Dream said:
I honestly would not recommend monarch. I just got mine today, after hassles with shipping, and it came in a large box, in a small plastic case, with NO padding.
Where did you get your's from?

Can't wait to see your CABGE results too!

Midnight Dream said:
wonder how well mine will do

0SA146DAA5BN
CABGE 0534SPMW

:D
from what i've seen of that stepping you'd be around 2900-2950mhz at 1.6-1.65v but there's always exceptions to the rule :)

weird my Swiftech G4 Storm water cooling must be messed up as it's getting higher temps with the 1st 146 opteron i have which was cooler on Hydrocool 200

both rigs in same room with same cpu tested

3000mhz at 1.568v on Hydrocool
load temp = 47-50C

3000mhz at 1.568v on Swiftech G4 storm
load temp = 54-58C

I think for my G4s probably better for LGA775 like with my [email protected] /DFI 875P-T with Cathar G4 storm (rig i'm typing from in same room as AMD64 rigs) - 29-31C idle and 39-44C load

so i installed my 2nd Hydrocool 200EX replacing G4 Storm and temps are back to lower ones http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?p=24196#post24196

And yes it's doing better than my other Hydrocool rig and G4 Storm water cooling cpu now does OCCT @3000mhz at 1.552v instead of 1.568v on other Hydrocool rig. On G4 Storm needed 1.62v (yeah something is wrong there heh)

OCCT_finished_tn.jpg

2005-11-02-18h17-VoltCore.gif

2005-11-02-18h17-CPUGraph.gif

superpi-32m_tn.jpg

SS
cpu-3201.jpg

1M
superpi-1m_tn.jpg

cpuz validated url:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=47429

Back