• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 165 RETAIL @ ZZF - $336 shipped 2day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have an OEM 165, a Retail 165 and an OEM 170 on the way... gotta test and unload them quick cuz it came out to around $1000!

My friend, I know I have teased you many times about your spending habits, but now we have gone beyond the kidding into "Houston, we have a problem" territory. I am coming up to NYC to have a word with your girlfriend. It's time to stop this addiction before it gets any worse. Doesn't shewant a diamond ring? Well, you have spent enough to buy a very nice one in the last two months. Who's side am I on? Hers, she's prettier than you!:D

rseven said:
My friend, I know I have teased you many times about your spending habits, but now we have gone beyond the kidding into "Houston, we have a problem" territory. I am coming up to NYC to have a word with your girlfriend. It's time to stop this addiction before it gets any worse. Doesn't shewant a diamond ring? Well, you have spent enough to buy a very nice one in the last two months. Who's side am I on? Hers, she's prettier than you!:D
:clap:

rseven said:
LOL... well, don't forget... I sell the ones I don't wanna keep, and also do know that I usually pay less than most people, so I normally break close to even.

I usually don't buy something unless it's on sale.

By the way, I picked out an AWESOME bracelet for her already... $1200 value, but my uncle's the jeweler, so we'll find out what he charges me.

She's worth whatever it is and more! :)

g0dM@n said:
She's worth whatever it is and more! :)

Hmmm...perhaps you could compromise? Pop the spreader off one of the opts, bore two holes, thread some necklace...

Jod said:
Hmmm...perhaps you could compromise? Pop the spreader off one of the opts, bore two holes, thread some necklace...
I already got the spreader off of my 148. :) Perhaps I can give that to her.

The bracelet I got her is awesome. The woman (sorta like my boss) that I work with came with me during lunch to help pick one out. My uncle also helped pick one out, and considering he's a jeweler and sells to women all the time, I got two good opinions. They both picked the same bracelet that I was looking at. I couldn't decide between two and they helped me out. :)

Gonna have to starve for a bit to make up for this, lol.

Okay g0dM@n, I'll let you slide this time, but I will keep a close eye on you.

Seriously, the new influx of 165's has me very tempted too. It's like playing the stock market trying to decide will it go lower or should I buy it now at the low. I'm going to gamble it will still go lower, but I hope I'm not kicking myself when I have to end up settling for a 3800 X2 later.

I got mine for $305 shipped OEM.

The retail that I claimed to have gotten was said to be in stock where I purchased it, but now it says backorder, so right now I have a 165 and 170 OEM on the way to me... only one of each.

This means my opteron 144 is gonna be for sale soon. I don't need dual-core, but I also won poker Friday night that I played with my older brother and his friends. :) Once I sell my opteron 144, I will have broken even with the 165... the 170 is a different story, though. :)

I'm getting the dual-core cuz I'm just interested to see how much better it could be than my 3ghz opterons.

Jod said:
So do we have any results with these chips yet?
My OEM did 2820mhz 1MB SuperPi stable on water at 1.53v. On stock volts it did 2625mhz 1MB SuperPi stable. It did about 2.5ghz fully stable on stock volts.

They are doing rather well so far. :) I have a Retail 165 on the way, which will arive next week. I don't think they'll touch as well as my 170 does, though.

Good stuff by the way, Vengance_01.

Back