• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 165, Retail S939 + Free Shipping @ Newegg for $99.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PerlAddict

This almost makes me feel sick ... lol. Ripped from SlickDeals:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?p=6894720

The retail-boxed AMD Opteron 165 Denmark Dual-Core 1.8GHz Socket 939 Processor, model no. OSA165CDBOX fell to $99.99+ FS. This dual-core processor features a 1GHz bus speed, 1MB L2 cache per core, and 3-year warranty. Other retail-boxed AMD Opterons are available:

* AMD Opteron 144 Venus 1.8GHz Socket 939 Processor, model no. OSA144BNBOX, for $69 shipped free at newegg.com ;
* AMD Opteron 1210 Santa Ana Dual-Core 1.8GHz Socket AM2 Processor, model no. OSA1210CSBOX, for $99.99 shipped free at ZipZoomFly.com ;
* AMD Opteron 170 Denmark Dual-Core 2.0GHz Socket 939 Processor, model no. OSA170CDBOX, for $114 shipped free at ZipZoomFly.com;
* AMD Opteron 180 Denmark 2.4GHz Socket 939 Processor, model no. OSA180CDBOX, for $179.99 shipped free at newegg.com; and
* AMD Opteron 185 Denmark Dual-Core 2.6GHz Socket 939 Processor, model no. OSA185CDBOX, for $239 shipped free at newegg.com.

AGHHH I just slipped an Asrock AM2 card through my wifes fingers too.

What to do! Its soooo hard.

I can remember back when jackalopes were selling the "rare and prime" steppings of the 165 for $400+ dollars. I wonder how all those people who shoveled out that cash feel now:cry:

ghost_recon88 said:
I can remember back when jackalopes were selling the "rare and prime" steppings of the 165 for $400+ dollars. I wonder how all those people who shoveled out that cash feel now:cry:
I did that on one of my dozen or so... I broke even just about... with the amount I spent and the losses I took on the bad steppings, I made just about the same back by selling the GEM (only profited on one of them back when this was the hot stuff... sold the other GEM for a big loss 5-6 weeks ago... b/c they aren't worth much now anyway)

Back