• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG My Hackintosh Build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got my thread deleted on overclockers UK forum due to it being a Hackintosh - even though it will be running windows aswell when im all done with it!!

Well.... I mean.... isn't it technically... you know... illegal? I don't think it should be, but...

I'm pretty sure it's in the EULA. I'm also pretty sure that it's one of the reasons Macs are so expensive (same with iOS on the iPhone). Unless you or someone else has some insight that I don't have?

You did see right. I got some sparkly pink vinyls being sorted. But had to change idea slightly and pink leds will be added to the build.

received_10155274229596054.jpeg

Smh. That's a hell of a transition from an Oni to Hello Kitty.

it is but I shall save the oni idea for the next build, I have something crazy in mind! plus i love my Hello Kitty stuff so it'll blend right in with my collection. The silver / grey carbon fibre vinyl is on its way and im just working on the other stickers as the bamboo design was hard to cut out with it being so small.

Stay tuned for more awesomeness!!!!

(also might try and create a build video :D )

So quick first attempt at the tricky front panel!!!! 20170601_200018.jpg 20170601_201954.jpg 20170601_202916.jpg

Its not perfect, the vinyl does stretch abit but really needa warming. But my heat gun is bust.

So will nees to use hair dryer for the rest. But the other panels shouls be alot easier.

What makes it questionable?? lol

Because some overzealous moderators think talking about a hackintosh on this forum will get them into trouble. Fortunately, I haven't seen those old timer power-trippin' mods around here for sometime and the newer mods seem to be pretty relaxed about these topics.

If they do get their panties in a twist just edit your thread to remove all mentions of "hackintosh" and you'll be fine. Or, use a better forum that is tailored to that project specifically, such as tonymacx86.com for example.

Because some overzealous moderators think talking about a hackintosh on this forum will get them into trouble. Fortunately, I haven't seen those old timer power-trippin' mods around here for sometime and the newer mods seem to be pretty relaxed about these topics.

If they do get their panties in a twist just edit your thread to remove all mentions of "hackintosh" and you'll be fine. Or, use a better forum that is tailored to that project specifically, such as tonymacx86.com for example.

are you advertising your favorite forums? hahhahaha

Ahh yes thats already happened on overclockers uk lol

The tonymac site it awesome for help etc and i am on that forum aswell.

But with this build i also want it to run windows and linux eventually once ive got osx up and running.

#HATERSGONNAHATE lol

I think the problem is a little more complicated than that. Overclockers has advertisers. Their revenue stream helps the site provide stuff that makes this more than a MMO blog, like reviews, etc.. Just about everybody has a EULA, and some advertisers don't want to be associated with pushing those limits. I'm not saying this project is in that category (I don't think it's unethical if you paid for the hardware and the software) but I don't have to worry about the site as a whole getting dinged for it. That's why we have mods. And now I'm curious about the official take on this. LOL

I just reviewed the Rules and I think this may fall under the "Moderators Discretion". Here's a quote for the rules section. I would proceed, but use caution not to mention any illegal cracked software and you'll be fine.

Illegal and Unethical Posts

Overclockers Forums prohibit the promotion of, and reference to, any program or website which contains or distributes Warez, Crackz, and pirated copyrighted material, including but not limited to music and video. Discussion of Warez, crackz, and pirated copyrighted material is not permitted in this forum. Any offer to provide or request to receive warez, crackz, and bootleg material will be deleted without notice and the offender will be warned. A repeat offense is grounds for permanent dismissal, without recourse, from these forums.

This is a serious issue for this Forum. Allowing discussion of and, by extension condoning the distribution of, said information jeopardizes the very existence of this Forum. As such, it will not be tolerated. For the long-term future of this site, please abide by this rule.

In addition to this, moderator staff may at their discretion choose to edit, remove or otherwise manipulate material they feel is not of a suitable ethical standard. This is entirely at the moderators' discretion. This may include for example: use of unsecured wireless networks, threads that discuss/poke fun at/otherwise unfairly involve people, organisations or sites in areas of the forum in which they cannot defend themselves. Discussion of banned members anywhere on the forums, discussion of members without General Discussion or Classifieds access in those areas or other such threads will be removed, possibly with an informal warning. This is often difficult to establish in a concrete fashion within our framework of rules, however if we remove threads for such reasons we will often provide an explanation.

LOL, this isn't the first hackintosh build here. I'm sure you're fine. If you weren't I'm sure the mods would have said something by now.

Check out my wrapping skillz!!

Its not perfect but for my first attempt at something big, Im pretty happy with it.

Possibly give the back a quick flash of silver. And might alter where the fan vent is as im not happy with it at the moment.

And then its pink stickers hello kitty etc and then finalizing parts!

20170602_114958.jpg 20170602_120355.jpg 20170602_172756.jpg 20170602_131541.jpg 20170602_172804.jpg 20170602_172811.jpg 20170602_172817.jpg

99% sure this will be the spec of my system!!...

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" Hard Drive (even though I'm salvaging the one out of my iMac - I thought I'd get one as it's under £50 and got good reviews)

Gigabyte Intel GA-H270-HD3 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i3 6100 3.7GHz

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 4GB

Corsair CX Series CX450M 450W 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular ATX PSU

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 X 4GB)

WD Blue 250GB 2.5-inch Internal SSD

ASUS BC-12D2HT Blu-ray Combo

All this costs roughly £600 / $775 which is pretty good :)

Next step is to finish of the case with its pretty sparkly pink stickers, Then i shall be ordering the parts in the next week or so and building can commence!!

Also need to look into monitors once its up and running

Back