• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG My Hackintosh Build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got these today Toshicba 1TB HDD and 16GB USB 3 pen drive all for £46.66 delivered! so I'm pretty happy with that :D

Also decided its going to be a Ryzen Build!! F**K INTEL! lol - makes a things a bit tricker but its do able. Only thing is AMD CARDS ARE EXPENSIVE DUE TO THOSE BLOODY MINERS!!! but I have been looking at the workstation cards. but will need a cheap nvidia to get me going first to configure FRUIT BASED SOFTWARE lol

few more parts in the next few weeks hopefully, but just spent some cash on more tattoos lol - need to build my fruit based machine!!! lol

Will also start configing all files etc for OSX pen drive in the mean time - Also got another project on the horizon details to follow! :D
20170820_132203.jpg

I really need to get a move on with getting all the parts as the iMac is really dying!

Struggling with simple tasks now.... Arghhhh!

Sooo it's been a long while since I updated this!!Alot has been happening got a new place, gf etc lol

Finally have some money!!! To finish / start my build. Only thing is I need a new case........

This is because my office gets extremely hot because of the floor to ceiling windows so it's like a greenhouse!!

So the need for better case with good air flow and a good AIO

Suggestions please!

My other case will be used for the HTCP build for the living room :)

All builds are gonna be ryzen :D

I'm happy to see that you've gone away from the Core i3. Considering your stated use of the machine for video and Photoshop, I felt that an i3 was too anemic.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to move and lost your gf. I'm happy to hear that you have a new place and gf. :)

maybe https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-chassis/d-frame-2 might be a direction you could look into. I know it doesnt give you the kind of case customization you want, but maybe the benifits in cooling might be worth it? Im pretty sure you could make somethng like this pretty easily with PVC if you want to save a few bucks (I will post it when I finally bite the bullet and make one from PVC) and as long as you dont have basketball games going on next to your rig.

I'm happy to see that you've gone away from the Core i3. Considering your stated use of the machine for video and Photoshop, I felt that an i3 was too anemic.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to move and lost your gf. I'm happy to hear that you have a new place and gf. :)

Yeh i3 would of been a rubbish choice, at the time I was scrimping for cash. Luckily my iMac has held out till now.

Thanks for the kind words. I am really happy now, things aren't perfect but I'm in a much better place mentally.

maybe https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-chassis/d-frame-2 might be a direction you could look into. I know it doesnt give you the kind of case customization you want, but maybe the benifits in cooling might be worth it? Im pretty sure you could make somethng like this pretty easily with PVC if you want to save a few bucks (I will post it when I finally bite the bullet and make one from PVC) and as long as you dont have basketball games going on next to your rig.

I love that case, but it's out of my budget range...

Been looking at some bitfenix cases but spotted the Thermaltake Core V21 Matx

Thinking a bigger case might be better though..?

Better airflow is what I meant, but a larger case will naturally have better airflow than a smaller one because there is more area. There are members here who advocate cutting the grills from your case to improve airflow (check out some of the posts by the local fan review guy ehume if you want the full reasoning why it works) and I can attest that it does work.

Delete

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200207_161021_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping~2.jpeg
    Screenshot_20200207_161021_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping~2.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20191225_180627.jpeg
    IMG_20191225_180627.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20191225_180640.jpeg
    IMG_20191225_180640.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited: