• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Retro AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya, I found it in the CP forums. Thanks Doc, I'll have to look and see what I have. I just might have a '393' laying around-LOL

I keep accidentally typing "949". I don't even know if that's a real socket or if a lot of people suffer from the same typo as me when I google it. :chair:

or a 939 :D sorry had to Blaylock he he

LOL have you seen the wallpaper to be used?

file.php

I keep accidentally typing "949". I don't even know if that's a real socket or if a lot of people suffer from the same typo as me when I google it. :chair:

looks like a typo that everyone makes :rofl:
Or a socket only a select few know about. :sly:

Just got an athlon 4000+ in the mail. This should be an interesting comp at CP on socket 393. Ive pulled all the necessary pins off the cpu, so im ready to go lol.

Just got an athlon 4000+ in the mail. This should be an interesting comp at CP on socket 393. Ive pulled all the necessary pins off the cpu, so im ready to go lol.

"pulled" the pins off?

Some way of unlocking mulitplier or voltage?

No just a joke to the 393pin. However, i do know there are volt mods available, but not necc. If you have the right board and bios.

So she still lives? The pins survived shipping and I straightened them out good enough? :D

And you got the entire roll of scotch tape off? :rofl:

Last edited:
Make sure you use that for everything it's worth. lol
Witchy is runnin the show, it's not on me. :D

"pulled" the pins off?

Some way of unlocking mulitplier or voltage?

This way you get a concentrated supply of voltage through these pins - If you remove the extra pins, that means instead of the voltage being divided up across 939 pins, now it's being condensed into just 393 pins ='ing moar voltage. :screwy:

Soooo........just like a couple of your other one's then. :D

My only 939 board is a lanparty one. Too bad it is in the "dead boards for spare parts" pile.

So she still lives? The pins survived shipping and I straightened them out good enough? :D

And you got the entire roll of scotch tape off? :rofl:

Not sure if it lives. Gotta get it in the board first. It did arrive a-ok, all the pins look to be in order. packaging was fine, I got pretty sharp knives. I got this really nice sharpening stone that is from the early 1900's. Works wonders on dull blades.

Back