• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

options on Bykski cooling parts & lifespan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

w1yov5r4on5

Registered
what do you think of the Bykski B-PMS5-NX-NAR pump & Bykski CPU-RYZEN-X-MK cpu block as budget watercoolin parts an barring any issues could i expect to get 6 plus years of life from these

i plan to use 1 pump an 420mm rad for my cpu an 1 pump an 420mm rad for my gpu

both paired with the Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 in push pull config

A water block is a water block. As long as you keep it clean it'll last forever.
The pump is a D5 knock-off, so expect D5 longevity.

A water block is a water block. As long as you keep it clean it'll last forever.
A blessing and a curse. Darn things never die and give you an excuse to uograde. I've got 5 perfectly good cpu blocks because of that now.

Last edited:
The only issue was with some nickel plated blocks some years ago but I think it was only related to EK. Some dark spots were appearing and it was reacting with some coolants.
Anyway, I have all 1 block (!!) from Bykski and its quality is in general not much worse than that of top water cooling brands. The only thing that was annoying were thermal pads. They added wrong thermal pads or maybe components on the PCB were measured wrong, and I had a hard time to install it correctly on my Vega. I was correcting it maybe 10 times as each time something had or too low or too high pressure.

There are only good comments about the products listed in post #1 so I guess it's a good investment.
As Jeff G said, I'm replacing CPU blocks more often because I want something new/better looking or I get a review sample, than because I really need to. When it's nickel plated then should work and look good for long years.

Back