• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Other Methods to unlock TBird?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

Well, this is the second time the pencil trick stopped working for me. I had my TBird 1GHz running pretty well at an 8.5 multi with a 149FSB for a few weeks with the pencil trick (which had been done for a second time). Then, about a week later, WCPUID and Sandra will only read it at a 7.5 multi, even though the BIOS say that the CPU is set to 8.5. Are there other, more effective methods to get a better unlock? One idea that I had was to take small pieces of a paperclip, lay them carefully across the L1 bridges, and stick a piece of tape over the pieces. Any other ideas?

Just use a defogger repair kit. Apply the goo over the bridges with the tip of a pin. Once it dries, if you really want to you can place a piece of scotch tape over it to protect it, it will probably last as long as you'll ever need it to.

Back