• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outdoor Overclock with pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

storm-chaser

Disabled
We had a cold snap the last few days so for kicks I put the computer outside my office on a bench and went to work on getting more speed out of it. Initial overclock was 3.9 with 1.464 vcore (thuban).

Temps outside were about 28*F. I bumped it up to 4000mhz, where it usually hits a brick wall. In this case it was fine. So ulitmately it was a fun little project and I was able to get a stable clock of 4202mhz on the ol' hexacore!

Here is the cpu z shot:
CIMG6165.jpg

and memory shot:
CIMG6167.jpg

This pic is from aida64. When you unlock extra cores (Zosma 970T x4 = 1705T X6), for some reason it doesnt tell the correct temp for each core. The first # is usually reliable. Normally, inside, that runs about 100-105.
wintercooling.png

burrr!! thats snow on the bench and seadoo!
CIMG6176.jpg

Love the biostar TA880GU3+, great board:
CIMG6155.jpg

My AMD sticker needs some work!
CIMG6170.jpg

Going to try for a "snowoverclock" :) one of these days. I think 5 GHZ is within range, ok maybe not :)

Only if it starts actively snowing :D

EDIT:
Or the water in the heatpipes freezes.

I missed the coldest day of the year a few months ago. -12 or so, should have had it out that night for the big five-oh :)

Or the water in the heatpipes freezes.

It took temps in the -5ish range to do that to my TRUE. Though I just had a fan blowing air in from the window with the case right there. I had to back the case up some to warm it up.

Overclocking Outdoors in ENGLAND ------- Id have more luck under water than our four seasons in a day, but have got a new air con to help out!!

Back