• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over Clocking *New to OC*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, now:

1. Increase your CPU voltage by .25. It's showing 1.4 in CPU-z right now so bump it up in bios by .25.
2. Start increasing your CPU frequency by 5 mhz increments. Right now it's at 210 mhz so the first bump should be to 215 mhz.
3. After each 5 mhz bump in CPU frequency, test for temps and stability but running a 20 minute Prime95 blend run. Have HWMonitor open before you start the test and all during the test. If your core temps in HWMonitor exceed 60c or the CPUTIN temp exceeds 70c, stop the test. You should have to worry much about that in the early stages of the overclock process.
4. When your CPU frequency increase takes you to the point where you can no longer pass the 20 minute Prime stress test, report back with pics of the CPU-z CPU and Memory tabs and let us know what the core and CPU temps were maxing at. Failing the stress test means BSOD, spontaneous restart, lockup, or one or two of the Prime95 core workers stops while the others keep going.

Is that total voltage or add on? Got to go to a medical appointment in Olympia. Be back later today. Make a small change and check it out in CPU-z.

Its the CPU Voltage, After I go down one it goes from 1.4000 to 0.6000V. Not having much brains for Overclocking I would only be guessing that 1.4000v is higher than 0.6000 and possibly better. If I am wrong please correct me. But I cant increase it by .25

Okay, so scroll down towards the bottom of the list and find 1.425, similar to what you did with the CPUNB voltage.

Sorry doing this from my phone. I'm out of town but will be back today. From what I remember it only went to 1.4000 then as I would go down it would go to 0.6000

So as I go down to see what else there is, it scrolls all the way back to the top which makes it go from 1.4000 to 0.6000 what do u want me to do about this part?

Can some one please help me. I'm stuck. I don't see anything what so ever after the 1.4000. As I explained earlier it just goes to the very top which starts at 0.6000 I don't see anything that is 1.425 Can some one please help me.

Starting at Page #41 of the manual downloaded from the Asrock site.
OC Mode
Use this to select OC Mode. Confi guration options: [Manual] and [CPU
OC Mode]. The default value is [Manual]. << Make sure is set to Manual.

CPU Confi guration
Overclock Mode
Use this to select Overclock Mode. Configuration options: [Auto] and
[Manual]. The default value is [Auto]. << Set to Manual.

Page #42
Multiplier/Voltage Change
This item is set to [Auto] by default. If it is set to [Manual], you may adjust
the value of Processor Frequency and Processor Voltage. However, it is
recommended to keep the default value for system stability.
<< Set to Manual and then Set CPU Voltage to 1.4 would be fine.

Page #44
CPU Voltage Offset
Use this to select CPU Voltage Offset. The default value is [Auto].
<< The CPU OFFSET Voltage will ADD TO the voltage set at menu choice as shown at Page #42 above. So if set to 1.4 at menu shown on Page #42. Set this OFFSET Voltage to about 0.05 or closest number thereto AS A STARTING POINT. This stuff is trial and error and sitting at your keyboard is the best place to do the testing.

We do not have your board and cannot see into the bios and the pics you have taken are not very clear when "I" try to see the pics. It would be an awesome idea for you to get into your motherboard manual and find and use the choices that are right there in the bios.

Okay as Trent has explained to me on what to do I have done so far. However he wants me to up the 1.4000v to 1.425v but there is no 1.425 and as trent said the pictures are readable and if they were not readable/viewable he would have told me. If I knew what I was looking for in the manual then I would be reading there but as I am a newbie at this that's why I had come to Overclockers.com so that I could get the help that I need to be successful on overclocking.

Roy, in post #122 it looks like the control is not an "offset" control but rather a baseline control. What RGone is saying is that your manual indicates another CPU voltage control in your bios that you can use to add to (as it were) the baseline you establish with the one you attached the pic for. Can you find such an offset control in your bios?

Back