• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock CPU keeps changing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What make and model case do you have? Are there fans, or at least places to mount fans, in the front or top panel of the case or is the only fan hole at the back?

I can't find the maker or model of the case. The only places it has fans are One slot of the Top(which is the white fan i have, blowing air out the case), One slot of the side(I made a hole myself for the other side fan), And One slot on the back of the case(Where my push/pull fan is)
The front and the other side does not have any fan slots

Multiplier is 19x, set at idle WITH side panel

52951409.jpg

IDLE Side panel off with a fan blowing directly into the case: 31-32c
91804709.jpg

With Prime95 bend test running and a fan blowing directly inside the case, i took off the side panel
32104234.jpg

So tell me how you have the three 80mm fans oriented with respect to where they are in the case and if they are pushing air into the case or pushing it out.
Side panel is pushing air into the case. I ordered 2 more fans to put in the sides, which would make 4 80mm fan blowing air from the side into the case. The top white 80mm fan is pulling air out the case, So is the H60 fans

Okay, after looking at your pics more carefully, here's what I recommend: Turn the radiator around so it's pulling in cool air from the outside. Have all the other case fans exhausting air out of the case.
I have turned it around so that the fan is taking air from the outside blowing into the case.Its even worst, with side panel on, i'm idling at 40-41c

Heres some extra photos:
img0980ho.jpg

img0981tm.jpg

img0982hx.jpg

Last edited:
With my current voltage, could i change the multiplier to 20-21?

Heck I doubt it will be enough Vcore but nobody knows for sure. Try it and find out right there where the rig actually is.

EDIT:
ifarted said:
I have turned it around so that the fan is taking air from the outside blowing into the case.Its even worst, with side panel on, i'm idling at 40-41c
Did you turn the side panel fans around where they draw air 'out' of the case. If you just reversed the radiator fans and not the side fans also, then I am not surprised the temps might have gone up.
END EDIT.

Last edited:
if i bump it to multiplier x20 and it fails with prime95, that means the vcore is too low?

Also if i get COOLER MASTER Hyper 212+, you think my cpu temp would drop?

Edit: Yep Side panels were blowing out air and the radiator was blowing in air

if i bump it to multiplier x20 and it fails with prime95, that means the vcore is too low? < Probably if you have the FSB at stock 200Mhz.

Also if i get COOLER MASTER Hyper 212+, you think my cpu temp would drop? < That is a tough question to even guess the outcome. As poor as the case air-flow seems to be; I would personally guess n0. Others may guess differently.

Edit: Yep Side panels were blowing out air and the radiator was blowing in air < Okay, had to check.

Probably if you have the FSB at stock 200Mhz.
What do you mean by FSB?

123rby.jpg

Prime 95 blend test is running for 16mins now
This is with the side panel off and a fan blowing air into the case

For multiplier is it possible to make the value as decimals, like 20.5?

Back