• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock on P35C-DS3r R 2.0 & E8400 E0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPeEdZ70

Registered
I picked these both up for under $100 I am surprised that they seem to work together so well. I have it running smooth@450x9it runs 3d mark and temps do`nt get past 55c on Cpu cores runs benchmarks, Prime,Everest,SUper-Pi 32m,3d Mark 06 Idles aroun 34 and 32 in Core Temp did not need to raise V core above 1.3v WHen I put it at 480 2708778.png and have tried lower multi on CPU very unstable I raised v core up to 1.365 in bios I raised FSB termination to 1.2v and MCH to .02v I`m not exactly sure about which setting for these two are safe.video driver quit working not sure why. Gonna try relaxing mem timings I don`t think this board can truely support ddr3 1600 I only have it running about 1400 . I`m not 100% sure on what is safe on this mobo I have reseated the NB with AS5 I have fairly good cooling on all the mosfets around the CPU well the cooling there should be alright for now I have what might be a cheap CPU HSF but it seems to work pretty good http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2135206 It blows down on everything around the CPU. I`m fairly new to Extreame Overclocking and would love some advise!

Thank You :D

Last edited:
The reason is first I want more and I wanted to run my memory close to 1600MHZ as Possible for some reason It won`t boot with the memory dividers at least the ones I have tried to get it at 400 would be 2:1 I guess won`t boot and a few others that would have worked I can settle for less If I have to also think the CPU can run Higher. I know this DDR is not made to run on this chipset and Board it is G-SKill RipJaws F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM 7-8-7-24-2N 1.6v but with current divider at 480 FSB I get 1536 Mem speed

Last edited:
Part of the problem is the current MCH strap, which in the case of the P35 chipset, the max. allowable is 333 (1333FSB). So utilizing that strap and the 3.20 DRAM multiplier / 5:8 FSB : DRAM ratio (480MHz x 3.20 = DDR3-1536), the internal NB timings are too tight resulting in instability at such a high FSB. So either loosen the DRAM timings (start w/ 8-8-8-24-2T/2N at 1.60V), increase the DRAM voltage (up to 1.70V), increase the NB / MCH voltage, or a combination of two or more of those.

Thanks I`ll try that currently moving this weekend got everything already packed up should be settled by TUesday I hope. I hate moving especially in the Winter

Back