• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Opinons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wipeout

I guess I'm out of the loop when it comes to overclocking, but just using the multiplier and voltage I can get a stable overclock.I had my 965 @ 3.9g with 1.375v stable for 3 years.My FX 6300 is at 4.4g @ 1.35v running stable since December of 2012.Temps are 18c-46c max.This is using Prime 95 for 2 hours, but F that senero.Gaming for hours on high and ultra settings is my real world test, with good results.It just seems like alot of hassle to keep adjusting all these different settings.I know there are many variables, but in my case that's not the issue.My motherboard is not high end either(GA-970A-UD3) but is solid like a rock.I have 2 other backups, just in case.Ok, better revisions is the reason, but you get my point.Having a 8+ 2 power phase is the ticket.My next upgrade is Intel in the future, but will wait to see were prices land.Yes, Intel will be a nice jump, but very happy where I stand.I have three usable motherboards for the price of one high end board.Take this with a grain of salt.I'm very happy with one monitor @ 1080p getting 60fps.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with your overclock. 1.35Vcore at 4.4Ghz seems very good.

Have no idea what you are adjusting all the time. I don't change my overclock settings at all. Just change the profile to move from 4.0Ghz to 4.8Ghz for video editting and that is no strain at all.

For gaming if you want Intel, I say go for it.
RGone...

Thanks for reminding me of the obvious :bang head I never set any profiles for oc'ing on any rig.This would help when needing extra boost vs not.Just to be clear, what I meant about other settings was front side bus, ram speed, and other settings.I can break it down further.Deer in headlights :)

Last edited:
what I meant about other settings was front side bus, ram speed, and other settings.I can break it down further = Well yes we can adjust those settings and glad of it. But I don't keep doing it once I reach a point I intend to remain at. Not sure I understand if you have a problem or want not to have to adjust those settings.
RGone...

Back