• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocked fx8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on what games you play ? there's no set mark, as was said earlier and in other threads every system is different. Try it out and see what you get, after 4.7ghz both voltage and temp were too high (for me) for a 24/7 overclock on air, so i stuck to it. I also have 2x8gb 1866mhz CL9 memory and CPU/NB+HTLink both at 2600mhz.

Depends on what games you play ? there's no set mark, as was said earlier and in other threads every system is different. Try it out and see what you get, after 4.7ghz both voltage and temp were too high (for me) for a 24/7 overclock on air, so i stuck to it. I also have 2x8gb 1866mhz CL9 memory and CPU/NB+HTLink both at 2600mhz.

To be honest i been thinking about getting my rad cpu block and pump i bought brand new yeats ago never been used and start a custom loop

To be honest i been thinking about getting my rad cpu block and pump i bought brand new yeats ago never been used and start a custom loop

How big is the rad? You will likely need more than just a two or three fan radiator to get to 5 ghz or install two 2x120 rads at least I'm thinking.

How big is the rad? You will likely need more than just a two or three fan radiator to get to 5 ghz or install two 2x120 rads at least I'm thinking.

Im at work so i can only guess but i think its maybe a 2 or 3 120 m rad by xspc

Unless it is extra thick I'm thinking you will need more than that for 5 ghz on an FX-8350.

A decent rad like the Hardware Labs Black ice Extreem or their new comparable Genesis (I think) or something like the Alfacool UT60 120 X 3 is sufficient but as trents has said the thinner rads might fall short. Both rads I mentioned are in the area of 55 to 60 mm thick bellow that it might be touch and go or you might need to use big noisy fans to squeeze out every degree you can out of them

A decent rad like the Hardware Labs Black ice Extreem or their new comparable Genesis (I think) or something like the Alfacool UT60 120 X 3 is sufficient but as trents has said the thinner rads might fall short. Both rads I mentioned are in the area of 55 to 60 mm thick bellow that it might be touch and go or you might need to use big noisy fans to squeeze out every degree you can out of them

Well remember i only have limited spave in my casemaster maker 5 case so idk if thoes think rads will work

Cut the mesh out of the top of the case and mount a thick rad outside on top. That's what I did.

Cut the mesh out of the top of the case and mount a thick rad outside on top. That's what I did.

Thats a problem i dont have a mesh screen on the top it came with a rad mount preinstalled

i just got home and i got all the stuff i ordered years ago thats still brand new i have a xspc EX240 rad a xspc raystorm cpu block and a swift tech water pump thats all i have so far

Back