• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocked fx8350 causing low fps in games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll just leave this here. A pic of that motherboard after it died taking the CPU with it. All temps were under control on this one too. It can't handle the power draw is the problem. They used a "fake" 8 phase design for power and this is the consequence.

PS, I"m not mad. Like I said they're your parts. I just am done spinning my wheels.

View attachment 185025

btw thats not my motherboard that boards is the Fatal1ty 970 Performance i have the asrock 990fx killer board completly different board and when they burn up they really change colors like that Oo

[quote name="The Stilt" url="/t/1318995/official-fx-8320-fx-8350-vishera-owners-club/62990#post_25621695"]990FX Killer and 990FX Extreme6 shared the PCB, before Extreme6 was discontinued. Both of them shared the same VRM structure, expect Extreme6 used slightly higher quality components (Renesas vs. SinoPower). The general VRM configuration is exactly same on 970 Fatal1ty Performance and these boards.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1550502/amd-990fx-extreme-6-will-the-real-board-please-stand-up/0_50
[/QUOTE]
Asrock was the topic

[quote name="The Stilt" url="/t/1318995/official-fx-8320-fx-8350-vishera-owners-club/62990#post_25621425"]I would actually be surprised if it wasn't throttling already, making the 4.9GHz frequency untrue. Those boards can throttle even on stock 125W parts, since in reality they are equipped with a 4+1 phase analog config. The hardware for eight phases is present, however it is a fake phase config. For example MSI Gaming series boards are as much 12+4 phase board as the ASRock is a 8+2 phase board, since MSI uses twice the normal quantity of high & low-side fets per phase in their VRM (due being Niko-Semi fets) :D
[/QUOTE]

So really it seems there isn't much difference mostly looks and some cheaper parts

Asrock was the topic

[/QUOTE]

So really it seems there isn't much difference mostly looks and some cheaper parts[/QUOTE]

ya i did notice the doublers on the back of the board. so it looks high quailty but its cheap as **** for the price i paid i have always used asrock and never had problems but when overclocker there junk

but i think i can give my socket some more head room by putting a 120mm behind my board that does up to 2000rmp instead of a 140 that came out of a rosewell case i use to have lol

Asrock makes good boards, particularly on the intel side. It isn't really asrock fault as all makers have issues on many boards overclocking these power hogs. ;)

Asrock makes good boards, particularly on the intel side. It isn't really asrock fault as all makers have issues on many boards overclocking these power hogs. ;)

oh ok good lol i replaced the 140mm fan behind the socket with the fan that came with the 212 evo and it keep the temps down to 74-75 it helped and ran really stable running ibt axv with out trottleing at all so im set to go the 140mm rosewell case fan sucks in this setuation lol

I'll just leave this here. A pic of that motherboard after it died taking the CPU with it. All temps were under control on this one too. It can't handle the power draw is the problem. They used a "fake" 8 phase design for power and this is the consequence.

PS, I"m not mad. Like I said they're your parts. I just am done spinning my wheels.

View attachment 185025

Looks like you could have evidence to take ASRock to court! I don't like those suspicious-looking phases... Looks like ASRock just committed fraud! :mad: Look at that, looks like only 5 phases were being used and they got overloaded!

And a quote you have on post #22, looks like they're crap just like most MSI 970s...

Last edited:
Looks like you could have evidence to take ASRock to court! I don't like those suspicious-looking phases... Looks like ASRock just committed fraud! :mad: Look at that, looks like only 5 phases were being used and they got overloaded!
No, it looks like 5 phases failed of the 8 that were being used. Case dismissed. Court fees are now your responsibility, and you could have bought 20 new boards for that cost.

No, it looks like 5 phases failed of the 8 that were being used. Case dismissed. Court fees are now your responsibility, and you could have bought 20 new boards for that cost.

Welp, it looks like they can still get in legal trouble if they falsely advertise 8 core support and the motherboard can't even handle a stocker FX 8xxxx!

Someone should check to see if those other phases are even being used... They may just be there to trick folks... I do suspect that the remaining ones are fake and not even connected! Have you ever saw those fake PFC coils in cheap PSUs? That could be exactly what they are, just little blocks of material, possibly just bits cut into squares...

Last edited:
Welp, it looks like they can still get in legal trouble if they falsely advertise 8 core support and the motherboard can't even handle a stocker FX 8xxxx!

Someone should check to see if those other phases are even being used... They may just be there to trick folks... I do suspect that the remaining ones are fake and not even connected! Have you ever saw those fake PFC coils in cheap PSUs? That could be exactly what they are, just little blocks of material, possibly just bits cut into squares...

the boards can handls a stock fx8350 just fine its overclocking the fx 8350 that it has troubles with

the boards can handls a stock fx8350 just fine its overclocking the fx 8350 that it has troubles with

Bingo, that example I posted was 4.8 for about 3 months and one day it just went poof. End of story

Bingo, that example I posted was 4.8 for about 3 months and one day it just went poof. End of story

3 month wow im sure he was doing video editing and stuff like that im sure not just gaming its hard to believe that just gaming can cause that to happen but i may be wrong

also @RJARRRPCGP yes all phase are connected to the board i think the doublers couldent handle the power draw not the phases and just took the cpu and phases with them bc the example johan gave the phase that were fried the 2 doubler were behind that part of that board.

in fact there not even being cooled at all so they get really hot maybe

My point was they don't even use doublers thats split straight from the drivers.

please listen to johan and back your clock down.
a number of us have had the fatlady board, it's not up to the task and when they go, they take everything with them.
I had to get rid of mine pretty quick and now it lives out it's days in our good friend Rgones, wifes rig.

OK I see it now IBT AVX I see you have a Hyper 212. It's not going to keep up to 4.7 Try 4.4 ish that's more of the ballpark for the Hyper 212

Depends on the voltage honestly. My 212 evo ran my 8320 at 5.0 ghz! Can't have a carte blanche statement without knowing all the details.

That said, hes trying to run it at 1.48v, so thats probably crushing the 212's soul.

edit: not saying youre wrong in this instance, just saying its not always the case.

Depends on the voltage honestly. My 212 evo ran my 8320 at 5.0 ghz! Can't have a carte blanche statement without knowing all the details.

That said, hes trying to run it at 1.48v, so thats probably crushing the 212's soul.

edit: not saying youre wrong in this instance, just saying its not always the case.

:pics:

My point was they don't even use doublers thats split straight from the drivers.

So ur saying the 2 chips on the back of the vrms arnt doublera just the actual drivers man thats a bad design

please listen to johan and back your clock down.
a number of us have had the fatlady board, it's not up to the task and when they go, they take everything with them.
I had to get rid of mine pretty quick and now it lives out it's days in our good friend Rgones, wifes rig.

When i upgrade nexted year my wife will get my fx8350 and i may go intel if zen disappoints

It also helps i have the fan that actully came with the 212evo behind the socket and vrms to help it stay cool and on top of the vrm heatsink is a 70mm fan also which helps with cooling also i took the I/O shield out to also help

Back