• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked X6 1055T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thornz

Hi,

I have overclocked my AMD Phenom II 1055T CPU with my new Asus M5A99X EVO mainboard.I have tested stability with Prime95 , AMD Overdrive , Cinebench,IntelBurnTest applications. It seems stabil. Is there any problem with values ?

Here is the screenshots.

Attachments

• memory.png
    memory.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 167
  • spd.png
    spd.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 163
  • cpu.png
    cpu.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 163
  • temp.png
    temp.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 170
set ur fsb to 270 instead of 280 and set ur FSB-NB /HT deviders to 10 for NB & HT of 2700mhz or keep it at 280 and try 2800mhz like im runing. might have to bump up HT, NB, ans CPU-NB voltages just a tad but the 990fx runs native 2600mhz ur shorting yourself bandwith runing 2000mhz! 2800mhz might might be unstable but if it is just back it down to 2700mhz. and yes raise youre ram to the next scale.

Last edited:
I agree with RGone. Raise you starting ram speed one notch in bios. Your CPU's integrated memory controller should do the ram at 1600 mhz and right now you are only running it at 1144 mhz. The ram is capable of doing 1600 mhz if you use the XMP-1600 mhz timings and voltage as shown in the CPU-z SPD tab but you may have to set that manually in bios. If you increase the ram divider in bios it should put the ram somewhere between 1333 and 1600 mhz. That way you will get better memory performance.

I have raised ram speed to 1594 Mhz and tested PC over 4-5 hour with Prime95.There is no problem but a little performans increase :). Thank you for advices.

agin 2000mhz=(4000mhz) HT/NB vrs 2600mhz= (5200mhz+) HT/NB thats 1200mhz evective bandwith youre not utalizing. i see so many people runing the 990 fx chip set doing this? dont realy understand why? phenomII and FX up runing on the 990fx chipset can all run 2600mhz+ (5200mhz+) :thup:

agin 2000mhz=(4000mhz) HT/NB vrs 2600mhz= (5200mhz+) HT/NB thats 1200mhz evective bandwith youre not utalizing. i see so many people runing the 990 fx chip set doing this? dont realy understand why? phenomII and FX up runing on the 990fx chipset can all run 2600mhz+ (5200mhz+) :thup:

This improves benchmark scores but does it really make much real world app difference?

This improves benchmark scores but does it really make much real world app difference?

i would think that 1200mhz of efective badwith would affect any apllication bench/realword we, i could be wrong ? i mean alot of youre benchmarks are based on realworld performance thats why they have them/ all im saying is if its there and its noty puting a strain on the system wich its not because AMD states 2600mhz HT suport. then use it.

Last edited:
i would think that 1200mhz of efective badwith would affect any apllication bench/realword we, i could be wrong ? i mean alot of youre benchmarks are based on realworld performance thats why they have them/ all im saying is if its there and its noty puting a strain on the system wich its not because AMD states 2600mhz HT suport! then use it!

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. I'm just reluctant to make things complicated for noobs I guess.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. I'm just reluctant to make things complicated for noobs I guess.

true, i dont know about his evo board but its as easy as changing the nb and ht mutiplier on my MSI board (wich states what the NB & HT will be after reboot) dont even have to touch the voltage because amd/mobo maunfactures already have voltage set for 2600mhz from what ive seen of most 990fx setups. anywho just tryin to help the guy get all he can out of his chip teach him in the process. we all have to start somwere

Back