• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocker Magazine - Issue 14 -- Please check the back cover.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seebs

Fronting as a Mod Member
I just ran into this at HWBot and decided that I could give it a quick once over...

The Q&A with splave was a nice one... And then I continued flipping to the pages all the way to the end... :shock: is an understatement to what I found there...

Here's the link to the online magazine: Overclocker
If you find the time to go to the last page (back cover) of the magazine, please tell me if Two are really better than one.

I wonder if kingpin paid for the rights to use that picture? I know the picture well; I know who the models are, they hail from that "niche" movie making industry that is quite prevalent in the Valley in California... I know this because of two reasons: 1: I'm a man. 2: I designed/ran sites that catered to such audiences in the past.

What I'm curious about is what exactly the message is supposed to be.
Is it better to buy two gemini pots?
Is the pot twice as expensive as it should be?

Nah it's version3 if anything, there was the F1, then the F1EE that changed the base away from self promotion, and now the Gemini.

Nor is it the second generation, as the round pot (whatever it is) came first.

I like my second option in my previous post :p

What I'm curious about is what exactly the message is supposed to be.
Is it better to buy two gemini pots?
Is the pot twice as expensive as it should be?

Well, mythologically speaking, gemini are the twins, they have a constellation and a whole bunch of backstory no one cares to hear (but me...wikipedia gemini if you're interested). The name was also used in the space program for the first 2 man shuttles (for the gemini, twin, astronauts that it carried) and has since just come to mean 2 of anything (spanish word for twins anyone?). I THINK that the idea behind the gemini pots is that they're 2 pieces, and thus are gemini...but it's really not very clear in terms of what they want to convey from that ad between the slogan, the girls, and the logo...if you didn't know what they were selling already, you'd have no more of an idea having seen the ad's (though I guess it worked for godaddy, their website is setup as their primary sale point and is covered in hard-sell, whereas vince's site is not).

or maybe it is a catch phrase like that of one off of a Geico add. it sounds like it would be something like that :shrug: :)

I Am bored with two, been there done that tell me when they 8proc boards start to become mainstream :D (and when they do an ad based on that)

So a couple pairs of handcuffs? extra key hidden in your mouth(just incase they get to the handcuffs first), and a bunch of thermal compound, and a couple of 1200watt power supply's.

Back