• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 1090T w/ ASRock 970 Extreme4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When you say you get errors in Prime, do you mean one or more of the Prime workers drop out?,

At any rate, its not really stable if your are getting errors. I would drop it back to 4.0 and retest. It's not likely you could get a 1090T to 4.2 ghz on air cooling IMOP. Stable IMOP means passing at least 2 hr. of Prime blend without crashes or errors.

Last edited:
When you say you get errors in Prime, do you mean one or more of the Prime workers drop out?,

At any rate, its not really stable if your are getting errors. I would drop it back to 4.0 and retest. It's not likely you could get a 1090T to 4.2 ghz on air cooling IMOP. Stable IMOP means passing at least 2 hr. of Prime blend without crashes or errors.

yeah the errors are making one or more of the workers drop off. I'm gonna take her back to 4.0ghz I guess. Not like I can be mad at that it runs great at that speed.

Do you think those errors are due to memory issues as they happen much faster if I have my other ram sticks in.

Thanks for your help.

Well, you could test for memory errors vs. core errors by dialing back your memory to 1066 level while adjusting your CPU multiplier to maintain the 4.x ghz speed of the cores. But realize that memory errors can be tied to the ICM and not just the ram itself. It is not a secrete that AMD ICMs are the weak point of their CPUs.

Last edited:
Both my fans also run at 3k rpm. What thermal paste are you running. Also how many case fans do you have. I have 2 case fans right above my exhausting fan of the 212+. I'm using NT-H1 Thermal Grease which seems to be working great.

I have Arctic MX-2 paste
I have 1 120mm and 1 200mm at the front pulling in
1 200mm on top pulling out
1 120mm/3000rpm in back pulling out
1 120mm on the side pulling in
1 CM 120mm and 1 120mm/3000 on the 212+ in a push/pull setup

My case is literally like a wind tunnel right now. It's practically blowing the posters off my walls.

I have Arctic MX-2 paste
I have 1 120mm and 1 200mm at the front pulling in
1 200mm on top pulling out
1 120mm/3000rpm in back pulling out
1 120mm on the side pulling in
1 CM 120mm and 1 120mm/3000 on the 212+ in a push/pull setup

My case is literally like a wind tunnel right now. It's practically blowing the posters off my walls.

I went from MX2 paste to NT-H1 and made a little bit of improvement maybe 2*-3*C. Its also under $10. Look at all the reviews of it on the net 5 stars.

The only reason I got the MX-2 is because it's the only thing my local store carries.... anyway I think there's something else wrong.

Just a little update...

Been running strong at 4.0ghz for a couple months now without any issues. I did some research and messed with my memory timings and have here stable without any problems. she idles around 24*C and doesnt usually get above high 30's unless I'm doing something super intense...

Thanks again Trents for helping me out getting her stable...

Back