• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 785G board IGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jetster220

Hey guys, ive got this board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131398, and was wondering how far it would be safe to push the IGP to. Ive already got it up to 1ghz stable, but wondering how much farther it might go or what anyone else has gotten it to. I know some are going to say just get a new card, but I really dont have much use for a card, as I only have one game to play, which is Star Craft 2. Just wondering how much farther I would be safe to push it.

Just like any other videocard... until it artifacts or freezes then back it down a couple of notches.

I cant believe SC2 can be played on that and look decent...

Keep an eye on the NB temps, that's where the IGP lives and it can get pretty toasty.
If you can't hold onto the nb sink (gently! Don't dislodge it from the nb die) for ten seconds, it's too hot.

If it burns the hell out of your fingers, it's way too hot. Be aware, computer parts can burn you pretty nicely while still being "cool" enough to function.

Just like any other videocard... until it artifacts or freezes then back it down a couple of notches.

I cant believe SC2 can be played on that and look decent...

Cool, thats basically what I was thining. Ill report back what I get it up to. Ill make sure to keep a feel on it so its not getting to warm.

But yea, I was kinda surprised to, but it runs it decently with most things on like medium settings

I have onboard HD3300 and surprisingly it works half decent as well. I have mine at 750 right now but don't see any reason to take it higher at the moment because I'm not really doing any gaming. I have to think that you are probably getting close to your limit and that as you go up to or over 1100 you might start to get problems. The heat is really an issue as well so I wouldn't push too far.

But yeah, onboard video is actually usable these days. The Hybrid Crossfire, on the other hand is pretty much a joke because you are limited as to what cards you can use with it.

Well, after some fiddling, 1ghz was all it wanted to handle without artifacting or being to blazing hot. But, I made a couple adjustments to the games graphics settings, and its running super smooth and still looks great. Never thought I would say that about a IGP solution.

Back