• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a E6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And about superpi i downloaded superpi1.1e and what to do next? calculate at what? or did i downloaded a wrong version?

Use cpu-z to read your oc settings. 1.45v is kinda high for that oc. try bumping your fsb to 333. Your ram should still be in spec. Then run orthos or SuperPI to check for stablity and watch your temps using core temp. :)

Oke CPU-z:
Bus speed 333 Mhz
Rated FSB 1332 MHz

I let Orthos run but the i got the message: Fatal error: rounding was 0.48xxxx, expected less than 0.4.

Thats CPU#1 ...... CPI#0 didn't get a error

oke no i've ****ed up my mobo because some dum**** told me to start all over again and step by step(it would be a very slow process but i'd reach my target of 2.5ghz. He told me to turn down my cpu voltage to the minimum. So i did that... restarted... everything is running.. but i've no screen.... nothing.. no beep in the beginning.... normally it would beep once.... i took out the jumpers of the mobo.. turned my pc back on... let it run for a 30 sec. then put them back on (in the right place i triple checked it)

reset CMOS methinks....if that doesnt work then i dunno

try doing the CMOS with the jumper....if that doenst work take the battery out for a bit.

dw dude....that may happen a few time.....its not a big problem...shouldnt do any permanent damage i dont think..
my pc does it all the time its just got an auto reset feature in the BIOS...v usefull

I think i know what the problem is... it's my mem. Because when i just stress the cpu's, everything is fine, i'm building up the GHz of my cpu. But if i do the two tests together i'll get that rounding error again. I suppose thats because of the timing of the mem? or the speed?

mem specs:
Kingston pc5300
(2x2GB)
(2x512MB)
5-5-5-5-15

I think i know what the problem is... it's my mem. Because when i just stress the cpu's, everything is fine, i'm building up the GHz of my cpu. But if i do the two tests together i'll get that rounding error again. I suppose thats because of the timing of the mem? or the speed?

mem specs:
Kingston pc5300
(2x2GB)
(2x512MB)
5-5-5-5-15

what speed is the mem running at? stock? and try 5-5-5-15-25 timings

my stock timings are: CL=5 RCD=7 RP=7 RAS=31
speed is 666Mhz

im sorry for my late reply but my internet was down. I'm still having difficulties but at least i can go online again.

I've tried 5-5-5-15-25 but it doesn't make any difference.

the other problem is you have mixed ram, 2 2gigs and 2 512mb in there right? thats the way i read it from this post #29. look at some new ram if you want to oc higher...

Oke thnx mate, first i'll just remove the 2x 512... and try it out first.. or isn't that a good idea?

remove either set wont matter but if its decent 512mb sticks they should oc better then the 1gig sticks. also could be the other way around.. i would try both sets to see which set maxes out where to see if you need faster ram.... :thup:

hello
i have the p5n-e sli board .is that the same one your talking about?
if so what's your bios ver? cause i found out that after updating from bios 0608 to 0801
i could not o/c anymore. went back to 0608 and can o/c my e6320 (1.86gig) to (3.37gig)
with the vcore set to 1.42v . check your bios ver. and if it's 0701 or higher goto asus and
download a older one it should help you.
mike

no not the same board his is based on the 570/NF4 chipset, yours is 650i based board. though going back to a older bios wouldnt be a bad idea for testing. as like mikegis said the ocing has gone down with new bios's, samething is true for the 680i board from asus.

Back