• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For a FX-4350, I feel you will be better served with a good Air Cooler. Those AIO Water Coolers work well, when they work. To me they just seem like more of a headache. If you're not really looking to push far this is one of the best bangs for your buck. Though, if you have the tall heatsink Hyper X you'll have clearence issues with most Air coolers.

For a FX-4350, I feel you will be better served with a good Air Cooler. Those AIO Water Coolers work well, when they work. To me they just seem like more of a headache. If you're not really looking to push far this is one of the best bangs for your buck. Though, if you have the tall heatsink Hyper X you'll have clearence issues with most Air coolers.

Actually, that was my choice were I to get an air cooler. Seems like a closed loop water cooler would work well, but if it's a headache, I may just go air. This RAM is not high-profile, so it should work great.

Well if you really want to push then get something better then the cm 212+ it's a good cooler but there are much better. I have a Prolimatech Megahalems and using the same fan from the cm 212 my temps were 10c lower compared to the 212.

Well if you really want to push then get something better then the cm 212+ it's a good cooler but there are much better. I have a Prolimatech Megahalems and using the same fan from the cm 212 my temps were 10c lower compared to the 212.
Yeah, I think the 212 Evo should be good enough for me.

The Evo is a quality heat-sink, you won't be dissapointed. It also has one of the better mounting mechanisms, out of the 6 or 7 different air heatsinks I have.

Well, I got the parts installed, and it's pretty much a night and day difference. Games play flawlessly now. I can play and record Borderlands 2 with PhysX on high at 60FPS solid. Not bad. Not bad at all. I'm very happy with this build. The next upgrade I plan to make is getting a GTX 760 to replace my 8800GTX.

Back