• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an i7 6850k with rampage v edition 10 and corsair H115i water pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swaran

hey guys i started overclocking my i7 6850k cpu and i noticed that i got up till 4.5ghz on 1.250v easily plus made a quick 40min test with prime95 and everything was stable no errors no warnings and i was thinking of pushing it further up, but i'm planning on giving it a permanent 24/7 overclock and couldn't find anywhere a defo volt safe range so i was wondering if anybody could give me their opinion on what voltage to leave it on for daily use, my build has basically everything it needs to handle heat power consumption and anything else it might require, this is what i've got as a setup

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Edition 10

Processor: Intel Core i7 - 6850 K

Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 4 x 8 GB, 3000 MHz

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1080

Power Supply: Corsair AX 1200i

Ssd's/Hdd's: Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB + Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB Pcie x4

Water Pump: Corsair H115i Custom vents x2 Corsair ML140 Pro

Custom Case Vents: x5 Corsair SP120

Case: Aerocool EN58164 XL-ATX Support

I would say anything up to 1.4 vcore should be safe for 24/7. Just watch package temps under load. You want to keep them from exceeding 90c under load for extended periods.

And I would do a longer stress test if I were you to confirm stability before upping the clocks. Two hours of Prime95 if that's the tool you choose to use.

Hi Swaran, I have essentially the same setup on a Asus ROGSteix X99. Am experiencing a bit of a lag with the M.2 SSD. Are you having any issues?

Depends on what task I'm taking but I've just build a new one for my friend with the same ssd and gets up to 90% using only lik 10-15mbs while downloading a 20gb game from steam so ye... Feels slow to me but don't know if that's the same problem you experiencing

So far games seem fine my problem is just loading programs, accessing the internet. My previous build with a i7-2700K and a Samsung 840 SSD loads 2x as fast

was it an 840 evo or pro version and what was the diference in size between them?

It was a 950 pro which I returned and replaced with a 960. All is fine now. bad SSD?

Back