• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Asus Crosshair V with Phenom 2 X6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artas1984

Ok guys, tell us about it. Can anybody share his experience overclocking the motherboard with a Phenom 2 X6 CPU? I am talking about heavy OC through BIOS with some heavy volts. I could pull stable 4 GHz OC with my 955 BE on 890GPA, so i expect my friends 1090T to go way past the 4 GHz on his 990FX or perhaps i am expecting too much?

All the reviews i read about the Asus CHV did include basic OC, no details, no step by step..

Probably or make that looks pretty likely to be a long wait on much posting about the newer Crosshair V. Use search button and search entire forum and did not find a single Crosshair V user posting. A few posting with the 890 Crosshair lV, but no real posting using the Crosshair V.

The CROSSHAIR V clocks quite nice and is very easy to get to the same former clocks as I had been able to get with the CROSSHAIR IV Extream. The best I could get without pushing thinngs too far with the CCROSSHAIR IV was 4176MHZ DDR3 1800 7 8 7 24 T1. I am now 30 min stable with the CROSSHAIRV at 4289MHZ @ 1.54 volts with lots of cooling headroom still @ 43*C but can't seem to get it stable .... will try to get a screen or two up later as I have to run out for a bit.

Back