• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BurrisYT

guys i put new RAM in my comp today now trying to set it up to run at the correct speed i have got onto my bios but i cant seem to find where the section is to change the setting need help can take pics if needed, on the bios at the top says Aptio setup utility copyright 2011 american megatrends inc
i have a few menus then which are (Main,Advanced,Chipset,Boot,Power,Health,Security,Save&exit)

my motherboard is a Foxconn H67M Intel H67

You can't overclock with H67 chipset. You'd either need a P67 or a Z67 board. Sorry :(

Last edited:
You can overclock with H67 chipset. You'd either need a P67 or a Z67 board. Sorry :(

If i was to buy a new motherboard would i just take everything off my current motherboard and swap it over to a new motherboard?

If i was to buy a new motherboard would i just take everything off my current motherboard and swap it over to a new motherboard?
:thup:

You might want to share your complete system specs before you go out and swap your board ;) See if your system would really benefit from overclocking.

Foxconn H67M Intel H67
Intel Core i5 2400 @3.10GHz
8GB RAM (only running at 667MHz at the moment)
Nvidia GeForce GT 430 (Should be upgrading to a GTX760 soon)
Not sure what make the PSU is but its a 400w which will be getting upgraded same time as i upgrade graphics card anything else you would need to know?

Could anyone recommend be a good motherboard for overclocking and if i was to be overclocking would it be best if i was to buy a new CPU aswel?

If it's CPU overclocking you're asking about;
For Intel socket 1155 & 1150 you need a CPU with a K at the end, along with a Z77/Z68/P67(as idkfa said) motherboard(Where you have an H67)Pretty much any motherboard with a Zyy/Z68/P67 chipset should work just fine for normal overclocking.
Before thinking about upgrading you should ask yourself this question though;
Does your computer as it is right now do what it needs to do? What are the uses(Gaming?)?

Last edited:
I think the 2400 isn't over lockable. I know you can raise the turbo on 1 core, and there is blck over clocking. In my opinion you'd want to go with another CPU + main board for OCing.
However you might want to see if your current set up is really bottlenecking you after your GPU upgrade. For most purpose the 2400 will do.

Good day
i think u should read what THEIS wrote very good advice because i see in ur posts u want to upgrad every thing at any cost just to overclock i dont think this is how it works

if money is open for u the a better question would be help me build my new system

good luck

If it's CPU overclocking you're asking about;
For Intel socket 1155 & 1150 you need a CPU with a K at the end, along with a Z77/Z68/P67(as idkfa said) motherboard(Where you have an H67)Pretty much any motherboard with a Zyy/Z68/P67 chipset should work just fine for normal overclocking.
Before thinking about upgrading you should ask yourself this question though;
Does your computer as it is right now do what it needs to do? What are the uses(Gaming?)?

Yea its uses are for gaming but i also want to record games while im playing them and also video and photo editing. The only bit of overclocking i want to do is to actually get some gains from my RAM as i upgraded from 4GB to 8GB of Corsair vengeance and its currently set to run at 665.1MHz and i dont see much difference from the 4GB RAM

Yea its uses are for gaming but i also want to record games while im playing them and also video and photo editing. The only bit of overclocking i want to do is to actually get some gains from my RAM as i upgraded from 4GB to 8GB of Corsair vengeance and its currently set to run at 665.1MHz and i dont see much difference from the 4GB RAM

You probably won't see a perfomance boost in day to day use, if you didn't max out your 4GB of RAM, however in editing you should see a boost as you have more available, you can always check your RAM usage in task monitor.
As for your RAM, the motherboard is "downclocking" them to 1333MHz.
In your bios there should be a "memory" tab or something like that(maybe) which should have something called XMP profile.

The reason you're seing it as 665.1 MHz, is because of DDR(Double data rate) So the current rate is 1333 or 1330.2(Since 665.1*2 = 1330.2).

EDIT
After a little research, it seems like the Foxconn H67M does not support RAM "overclocking" I could be wrong though. My best guess is for you to go into bios and look for something like XMP or RAM and a setting to manually adjust it to 1600, if you could take a picture of your bios and what you have available in there, it could help a bit.

Last edited:
I have a H67 chipset too. I even modded my BIOS, and there are no hidden options.

Your stuck at stock no mater what. :(
Sorry to break the bad news..

I think the 2400 isn't over lockable. I know you can raise the turbo on 1 core, and there is blck over clocking. In my opinion you'd want to go with another CPU + main board for OCing.
However you might want to see if your current set up is really bottlenecking you after your GPU upgrade. For most purpose the 2400 will do.

On a Z or P based chipset (Z77 or P67 etc) you can overclock non K cpu's by 400 Mhz.

So my i5-2300 runs @ 2.9 Ghz turbo on all 4 cores, I can OC it to 3.3 Ghz on a P or Z mobo.

But I have H67 :(

Back