• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking on M4A78T-E AM3 790gx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vxsca

Registered
has anyone overclocked on this board?,, i am using the 125w versions of the PII X4 even though im not going to overclock this system just yet, im lookin for someone who has used this board to do it. also my ram came at 1600 mhz oc. .. this is my first time overclocking, ive only been a hardware builder with someone else doing the software.

I have mine at 3774 right now (18.5 X 204) without any issues. I am using a cheap corsair water cooling system and the cpu never gets above 106F under load.

I've been playing with that board and a PhII 810, it's a great board to OC with as it calculates all the speeds for you, no more trying to remember what 235x3.33 is while working with memory speed :p

It got the 2.6ghz (locked multi) 810 x4 up to 3.6, 3.7 worked but got too hot and would crash, not the mobos fault.

Back