• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking q9300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kobekerex

Registered
Hello everybody, I would like to oc my intel quad core q9300 2.5 ghz, but the problem is I have an IPIBl-LB benicia motherboard on which there are no overclock settings.

Is there any way to unlock these settings and if not how far can i push it with software?
thanks

Other than possibly a 400FSB pin mod, your only other alternatives are software like ClockGen or SetFSB, and that's if either is compatible w/ the clock generator on your board.

You should be able to. Note that to do the vid mod (vcore mod) you need to know the current vid for your cpu. To do that, you can use Coretemp, which will give you the current vid for your cpu.

You can download coretemp from http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

I did it but now the fan starts to go rly fast and after a while the pc shuts down

I reduced highing the voltage by doing the vid mod for +0.1 v but it doesn't work, it's just the same as the default, i did it with tin foil.
Could it be because i started from wrong vid? because when I search my vid it constantly changes from 1.15 - 1.225, I chose 1.225v

Last edited:
That's what i'm not sure of because it varies from 1.15-1.225, could it be that it is 1.875v?

Last edited:
No impossible that it would be that high. Run coretemp and show a print screen here so that we can see by ourselves.

The VID readings are varied because SpeedStep (EIST) is enabled in the BIOS. Why are you trying to perform a VID mod without first knowing whether the 400FSB pin mod was successful? For only a 500Mhz overclock (333Mhz x 7.5 = 2.5Ghz to 400Mhz x 7.5 = 3.0 Ghz), the voltage may not even need to be increased above the default VID.

yes, but I'm not sure if it didn't work because of the cpu's capacities or because of the way I did it, can you do it using tin foil?

Yes on both guides stood that you could chose between tin foil or a circuitwriter pen, and since I don't have a circuitwriter pen...

Did you use conductive expoxy to glue the tin foil bridge in place? if the tin foil doesn't make proper contact on the pads, the bridge might no do what it is suppose to do.

No but what can I use as conductive expoxy? Because I searched for superglue but I'm not sure if I should use that cause I won't get it off anymore if it does not work,

Last edited:
Back