• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Ryzan 3 2200g 3.5 ghz advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pezzus

Hello,

So I'm new here and made the account purely because I'm a bit confused as to why I'm blue screening when overclocking so wanted to ask people that know a lot more about it than me.

I can take my Cpu to 3.975 ghz without any problem but the moment i go 4 ghz or over I blue screen and the pc restarts. Voltage 1.4v (crashes whenever I try to change the voltage)

I can take the built in gpu to 1.25 ghz without any problem but the second i push it to 1.3 ghz I again blue screen. (1.1 voltage again crashes whenever I attempt to change the voltage)

I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just the max I can take it to which is weird as I've seen multiple times this cpu can be taken to 4.5 ghz and the gpu to 1.6 without any issues, I'm using the stock cooler but even under a stress test the temp isn't an issue.

Specs:
Cpu - Ryzan 2200g 3.5 ghz using the built in Gpu.
Motherboard - x470 AMD gaming plus
Ram - G.skill - Ripjaw V series 2x 4GB 2400
Psu - GVGA 600W 80+ ATX

Not really wanting to push it to the limit but was hoping I could get a little bit more out of as it seems it isn't even trying just blue screening 5seconds after changing the settings over the aforementioned settings before I can even attempt a stress test.

Any advice is welcome :)

Thanks in advance.

I think you are just hitting the overclock and power limits of the APU or the motherboard or both.

You don't mention what is the manufacturer of your motherboard and you make no mention of how you are cooling the CPU.

Hello,

So I'm new here and made the account purely because I'm a bit confused as to why I'm blue screening when overclocking so wanted to ask people that know a lot more about it than me.

I can take my Cpu to 3.975 ghz without any problem but the moment i go 4 ghz or over I blue screen and the pc restarts. Voltage 1.4v (crashes whenever I try to change the voltage)

I can take the built in gpu to 1.25 ghz without any problem but the second i push it to 1.3 ghz I again blue screen. (1.1 voltage again crashes whenever I attempt to change the voltage)

I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just the max I can take it to which is weird as I've seen multiple times this cpu can be taken to 4.5 ghz and the gpu to 1.6 without any issues, I'm using the stock cooler but even under a stress test the temp isn't an issue.

Specs:
Cpu - Ryzan 2200g 3.5 ghz using the built in Gpu.
Motherboard - x470 AMD gaming plus
Ram - G.skill - Ripjaw V series 2x 4GB 2400
Psu - GVGA 600W 80+ ATX

Not really wanting to push it to the limit but was hoping I could get a little bit more out of as it seems it isn't even trying just blue screening 5seconds after changing the settings over the aforementioned settings before I can even attempt a stress test.

Any advice is welcome :)

Thanks in advance.

I'm certainly no expert and have no advice to offer here as I have no personal experience with that chip or any of your other included components. However I find it very hard to believe there is a single instance of said CPU being taken to 4.5 GHz stable under any normal conditions. If this were the case I feel MANY more Ryzen users would have them and just use a discrete GPU instead of the built in graphics chip. Rather than the majority of Ryzen users having 2600/2600X and 2700/2700X CPUs and their previous gen counterparts. But hopefully someone more experienced than myself can lend you some advice and answers to your question.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Quick youtube search and found out why there are reports of 4.5 GHz on these chips...

It's windows bug causing false reporting of said frequencies.

@ Trents pretty sure the Gaming Plus is an MSI board

@ Pezzus first thing I would do is hit defaults in BIOS then download and update to the newest BIOS MSI has for your motherboard.
Then just set the memory speed , boot to windows and do sme testing for the CPU and iGPU. Something like 3DMark11 which is free to run the basic version but it'll stress both parts of your system. While you have the program running monitor all the voltages with HWinfo64, his will give you a good starting point for setting them in the BIOS. It's possible you were just setting somethintoo low and the machine wouldn't run properly. Take a screenshot of the HWInfo results and then post it here

Back