• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking through bios has no affect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nawzy1985

As title states I tried overclocking r3 1200 and it always remains at stock speed of 3100 doesn't matter what I set it it won't change. On the main page of bios it shows 3100mhz while in overclock page my settings of 3800mhz stands. Another thing is when looking at CPUZ core speed will go from 3092.65 which is stock to 3441.79 while multiplier jumps from 31 to 34.5 and it just keeps going back and forth. cool and quiet is disabled and latest bios software.

cpu.AMD r3 1200
mother board.Asrock Fata1ty b350 k4
memory-Vengeance lpx 3200
PSU corsair 550

Could be the latest BIOS. I have seen many reports that BIOS built on 1.0.7.2 AGESA have that symptom. The multiplier doesn't work anymore. Either flashback to older BIOS if you can or wait till a fix is released

Could be the latest BIOS. I have seen many reports that BIOS built on 1.0.7.2 AGESA have that symptom. The multiplier doesn't work anymore. Either flashback to older BIOS if you can or wait till a fix is released

The thing Is I tried it on the bios that motherboard came with not sure which version but I am guessing its not the latest one. then I updated the bios thinking it will fix it and nothing I will try again flashing it back and see if it works

I exchanged the motherboard for a new one and it works as it should I am keeping it at bios ver 3.0 overclocking works memory at 3200mhz no problems. What I found out on my first board is where cpu socket is there is a small chip that has been chipped off not sure if this was my problem but now it works perfectly.

Back