• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Vcore and VCCSA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R3SIS7ANC3

okay i have never overclocked nor do i intend to do any extreme overclocking any time soon. my CPU is a Intel i7 2600k and it is still running smoothly so no need to overclock at the time. the reason why i actually started this thread is for the following reason. i bought my self a EVGA Control Panel, the control panel has three button's. out of those three button's, two can adjust my Vcore by +0.1v and the other one can adjust the VCCSA by +0.1v. now my question is what are the risk's of using these button's and what result's would i get when doing so. also how should i use these feature's?....
i cam here because EVGA forums offer no help and no user manuals for the Device.

Moved to Intel motherboards. As redduc900 said, there isn't any reason to change voltage if you're not planning on overclocking your CPU. The features will do nothing other than increase the heat your CPU puts out due to running at higher voltage.

The only caveat is if you want to run higher speed (DDR3-2133+) RAM on an EVGA board, raising VCCSA is almost a requirement. If that is the case, ~1.25-1.3V is a good stopping point.

Back