• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overheating issue after powerloss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adsprog03

Registered
Okay so here's what happened. I kicked my surge protector when I got mad at a game. Turned my pc back on and now my cpu is over heating. Only have it clocked at 3.9ghz. I reseated the processor with some new thermal paste, and still over heating. takes about 1min of running prime 95 to reach over 45c it still idles at 23c when not running any software. Any suggestions? or do you think the cpu is fried?

I dont think one thing had to do with the other.

Also, from the temperature you listed, you are not overheating...conventional wisdom says to keep AMD CPU's to 55C or less...

But it would be helpful to list your CPU/setup in the first place. In fact, create a signature with your system specs so those trying to help are not guessing at what hardware you have. :)

Its been running great for the past 1 year with out any heating issues. The only reason I said it went up to 45c in a min, is because thats when I turn off prime it never settles off a a temp just keeps rising very quick. And when I start playing a game it over heats and my computer crashes

Back