• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overkill system but damn... Thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I figured out the problem, might help others through a google search;

It's a service running called "LightingSerivce" it utilizes between 12-13% of the CPU when running RGB mode (all other than static) So it's just the devs who need to figure out a faster way of controling lighting effects, and I read that they are working on it.

Not 10%+ though...

I have the same thing and it takes up 4% on 16c/16t. That's high use just for lighting.

Same board same software?
No and Yes. I have a X299 Omega, but use the Asus Aura software which is what I believe kicks off that .exe. Take half the cores and threads away and I'm at 8% use... ridiculous for lighting.

I run with the Armory Crate, and control the lighting through there, but that also installs that lighting service, so I'll just run static when gaming. And wait for Asus or whomever to optimize it.

Is it possible that the settings are ‘high’ or maybe you (Sydo) have more RGB going on that ED’s with all those ROG components?

I think it's roughly the same performance hit for the both of us, the percentage is just spread out due to core differences. The thing is though, no light service, specially in that scale should take up more than 2% of the CPU if even that, I mean come on, it's just lights..

I think it's roughly the same performance hit for the both of us, the percentage is just spread out due to core differences. The thing is though, no light service, specially in that scale should take up more than 2% of the CPU if even that, I mean come on, it's just lights..
Correct.. which is exactly why I specified, to be clear... lol

Note, all I have is the RGB LEDs on board.

Back