• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 2.8 put with 8600 series???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deltaxx33

Will I see A bottleneck with any of the 8600 cards???:confused:I would get the 8600Ultra!

Last edited:
well i can say if you have a 6600gt its being held back by the cpu. anything higher will be held back as well. you should be able to run at about the same fps with aa/af on.

okay

Evilsizer said:
well i can say if you have a 6600gt its being held back by the cpu. anything higher will be held back as well. you should be able to run at about the same fps with aa/af on.
I thought the 8600=6600gt.So I can turn up aa+af all the way and get the same fps as a 6600gt(no aa/af) RIGHT?

Last edited:
yes it will, to get all you can out of the 7xxx or even 8xxx you will need something along the lines of a 3.8ghz-4ghz p4(netburst) cpu. you could always go with cheap and fast amd x2 or intel c2d box. i would overhaul the whole system though, just imo.

Evilsizer said:
yes it will, to get all you can out of the 7xxx or even 8xxx you will need something along the lines of a 3.8ghz-4ghz p4(netburst) cpu. you could always go with cheap and fast amd x2 or intel c2d box. i would overhaul the whole system though, just imo.
I agree. If I were you I would just sell some of your parts or the whole computer and just build a cheap AM2 rig. C2D if you can afford.

Before I Do That!

ancalime said:
I agree. If I were you I would just sell some of your parts or the whole computer and just build a cheap AM2 rig. C2D if you can afford.
What would be the perfect card for my cpu?

well the 6200 isnt that fast to begin with. at most i would drop a 7600gs or gt in there. if you dont have the cash for one of those but can find a 6800Ultra go that route.

Not Bad!!!!

Evilsizer said:
well the 6200 isnt that fast to begin with. at most i would drop a 7600gs or gt in there. if you dont have the cash for one of those but can find a 6800Ultra go that route.
I would love to drop a 7600gt in here.So there will be no bottleneck with that chip right?:bday: :beer:

i have already answered that...i would still go with the 7600gt, so even if you drop in a new cpu you will see a fps increase.

deltaxx33 said:
I thought the 8600=6600gt.So I can turn up aa+af all the way and get the same fps as a 6600gt(no aa/af) RIGHT?
I run a 3200+ with a small overclock and a 7600GT CO with 580/1500. The 8600 performs between a 7600GT and a 7900GS. But sadly the 8600GT actually does not demolish the 7600GT like expected. If anything it performs worse in some games.

The 7600GT is like the equivalent of a 6800GT/Ultra. Reason I say this is because its about 30% faster than either of these cads. From what I have researched and known.

Back