• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 and p4 2.4c HOW TO OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feras04

p4p800 and p4 2.4c HOW TO OC?????????????

Hello everyone.

Im new here and although I did many reading and searching, no where did i find any info on OC"ing tips.

I really want to go in detail. I dont understand posts like "oh just increase ur fbs and vcore".

Im like whats that?

Well im not exactly that dumb, I WOULD JUST rather have exact instructions.

So i was wondering, does anyone out there have the same setup as me?

Whats the best set up for the vcore, fbs, and all the other numbers in the bios? id love to hear some of someone elses and write em down, and just do the same exact thing.

Oh by the way i have 2 256mb CRUCIAL pc2700 twin turbo DDR rams donno if that helps = 512mb ddr power

Thanks guys, and i think im gonna love this site.

Last edited:
well i think your gonna love this site too, but i suggest you do a lot of reading before you start to oc. It takes premium cooling and a lot of knowledge to be succesful with this. I can tell you that i have the same mobo as you and they are a very good mobo for oc'ing. I can also tell you that overclocking can be addictive, and sometimes you feel like your never satisfied, which is fine by me, but you can waste some money if you don't know the exact best products to buy before you purchase them. I've already been through all of this and i have wasted money on parts that were crap for oc'ing simply because of lack of knowledge.

I suggest you start by reading this thread and go from there:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=263753

Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your oc'ing venture. ;)

To play the latest games like farcry at highest detail you will need 1gig of ram.
Getting >PC3200 will unlock the full potential of your mobo

Please post your temps and create a sig with all your specs :eek:ops that reminds me

Well, here is a full spec of what i have

I have a huge *** nice case with a window on the side, enough space for lots fans.

I put a bunch of fans in it to make the cooling cool!

lol ok here we go:

cpu p4 intel 2.4c at the moment: 2.4 ghz stock temps are 20c
MOBO is p4p800 temps are at 29C
2x 256mb DDR Crucial pc2700 ram sticks
80gig wd w/ 8mb cache
TT 50 dollar heatsink for CPU screwed on to mobo ready to cool that beast

Now i need to OC. Im ready. i have the cooling and the right parts. U guys need more info? pics?
Click here to view pics......its pretty nice pc

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

here are some bios settings;-

under jumperfree configuration in the advanced settings change

AI Overclock = Manal
CPU External freq. = increase this value to overclock
Dram Freq. = 320 (Set this to 400 if u get DDR400 or higher)
AGP/PCI Freq = 66/33

CPU Vcore = 1.6 (if Northwood I think prescotts are lower)
DDR ref voltage = 2.75
AGP VDDQ = 1.6
Perormance mode = turbo

Under chipset change

Spread Spectrum = disabled
ICH Delayed transaction = enabled
MPS Rev= 1.4

And disable USB legecy

Your ram will hold you back but if u lower the Dram freq. it might help. This will make your ram run at PC2100 and then start OC'ing.

Keeps a close eye on the temps and dont go above 50C for CPU cause my board reads low.

I have the same board as you

Back