• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 deluxe + p4 2.4c problems... !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
welcometotheforums.JPG

I've got the same setup running 3.4GHz with water cooling. Try this: start out at stock speed and 400MHz on the ram. Lock your agp/pci at 66/33. Set your ram timings to 2337 and auto for everything else. Lock the cpu voltage at 1.6. Lock the mem voltage at 2.75. Download the bootable cd version of memtest x86. Starting at stock speed boot from that and let it run through a couple of loops. If all is well (and it should be at stock) change the mem ratio to 320 (5:4) and start bumping the fsb up in 5MHz increments. Keep all of the other settings the same. Let memtest run through a few loops each time. Keep working your way up towards 250fsb. If at any point you get errors in memtest try dropping the ram down to the 266 (3:2) ratio and running the test again. This will isolate your cpu and mobo. If you still get errors chances are pretty good you've reached the limit of your cpu and/or mobo. The key here is to isolate the different systems that can fail. You will get nowhere by assuming that the ram can run a particular speed, or likewise the cpu. You've got to isolate them and find the failure point for each.

Last edited:
Thx for the tips TC, didn´t know there were a bootable memtest out there. I will test it tomorrow and get back regarding my prejudgement of the memory ;)

Just for fun I tested Q-fan this night, and it raised my temp in Bios with 4 degrees (Celsius), and got my Bios to crash a couple of times before I disabled it… nice feature on the board :)

*To clock or not to clock, is that a question?*

Well, this is my Corsair judgement, they are not happy with fsb 250. I cant get it stable with memtest with 250 fsb, I have tested everything and the closest I got was with 1,85 V and the memory bus set to 266 and the latency timings set to the highest. Then I got 1 error in the last test of memtest. Everything else just results in a bunch of errors. At 245 it is stable though with lower timings and lower volt (1,75). I´m losing to much bandwith with the high latency timings so I will probobly go with a little bit lower fsb and get the most out of the memory...

So, to my knowledge it still seems to be the memory that holds me back.

Any ideas are welcome ;)

I´m now stabile with memtest at 250 fsb with the memory running att 400 mhz (3:2). The latency is 2.3.3.7 [*EDIT 2.2.3.5] which is ok and the vdimm are at 2.85. Thats just an update, i´m settling for now and are pretty happy with that :)

Anyway, a question for u guys that used memtest more than me. The bandwith of my memory in memtest-86 v 3.0 is:
Memory 511 M 2093 MB/s.

Is this what it shall be? The bandwidth at 200 fsb with dual DDR should be 6,4 Gb/s. Is this just a counting issue or what?

Do anyone else have trouble changing Ras to Cas lower then 3? I get "bios bad checksum" if I set it to 2...

Would be happy if someone could help me with these questions ;)

Last edited:
I can't run below 2 on either of my boards. I use 2337 without any problems. I'm running a pair of xms 3500 on a p4p at 283fsb with the 5:4 ratio. I don't pay much attention to the bandwidth figures in memtest. If I want to make comparisons I use a program like sandra.

Well, then all is probobly in order. If you want to do me a favour you can check what memory bandwidth you have in memtest, then I could relax even more ;)

I´m running stable now but I only have the fsb on 250. It seems like my Corsair needed some burnin couse now they are stable at the same settings as before when it failed memtest.

Thx for the answer...

Back