• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH DELUXE Is It Dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPeEdZ70

Registered
I have a P5W DH DELUXE had the 3002 Bios in My secondary Computer last night I turned it on and came back a little while later I was busy doing something so I did not notice that when I came back it was running the Crash free bios utility. Since this board lately when I use it had been giving me bios complete resets every time I turned it off at post screen with PSU Power switch I decided to RE-FLASH THE BIOS, so I grabbed my USB Falsh Drive emptied the contents to my other computer formatted it using Fat32 and put the Bios file on it and named it P5WDH.ROM and put it in the computer without turning it off all this time it was searching Cd-Rom Floppy, Usb well it found the file and kept reading it and would not do anything it stalled there so after an hour and a half I decided If anything else I could always Hot-Flash it even though I have never had any success with that yet only tried it once though. and realize now I need to Flash an AMI Bios on another AMI board is probably why it did not work.Well after the bios was not flashing I decided to quickly flip the power switch off and on not letting the computer shutdown.It restarted and began reading the flash drive angain and stalling. Finally I restarted and THe Board went into the bios I figured fine since I am set-up for a bios flash I will just use EZ-Flash. SO I started EZ Flash found the file on the Flash Dirve it started the Bios update Erased bios, other steps can`t remember I remember when it got to writing bios file and that stalled 1/3 way through!!!! now I did not know what to do with it. anyway after Hours of leaving it on hoping nothing happened it did not flash the bios! I flipped the switch again and no video at all fans spin motherboard led lights up but nothing I go another flash dirve copied the bios to it just the same still nothing. Is My board dead besides buying a PRE-FLashed chip is there another solution? I would try a hot flash but I think all my other boards are Award funny I just gave away an ASUS board with AMI and think I want it back just for this:bang head I already called around no-one has an Epprom Flasher at any of the PC Shops!

Last edited:
One of the features of that motherboard is the CrashFree BIOS 3, which should allow you to restore a corrupted BIOS from a USB stick. Check you're manual or the ASUS website for more information. When I read up a little on the features it said it will keep you from having to buy a replacement BIOS chip.

One of the features of that motherboard is the CrashFree BIOS 3, which should allow you to restore a corrupted BIOS from a USB stick. Check you're manual or the ASUS website for more information. When I read up a little on the features it said it will keep you from having to buy a replacement BIOS chip.
Yes That is what came up at first but it does not come up anymore almost like that part of the bios got erased too when it erased the Bios and started to Flash It but it stalled about 1/3 of the way through writing it. Now I am not sure what to do or if it works without Video. I put the Flash in without video for a half hour or so and nothing happened it never restarted SO I`m guessing that funtion is gone now.

Back