• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Dlx will not post, BIOS issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jreffy

This is the first PC I've tried to build on my own, so please, keep that in mind =P

I've got a P5W DH Deluxe mobo with a E6600 that will not post (rest of rig in my sig). No beeps, nothing on the screen, nothing. Everything powers up just fine though. I RMA'd this board once but got the same results with the board that was sent back to me.

Everything has been triple-checked and is installed correctly. I've tried with just the memory and vid card, with nothing but the CPU, with just the memory and CPU, basically any combination that I figured was worth testing.

I got fed up with getting no response, so I went out and bought a cheap mobo. Lo and behold, everything works!

So the question is, why won't my P5W post? I heard that even though the board was supposed to be Core 2 Duo-ready, other people have had this same problem because the BIOS are not compatible/up-to-date. Anyone know? If this is the case, how do I flash the BIOS without a 2nd PC or other LGA775 processor?

Thanks for any help you can give!

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 | Radeon X1900 XT 256MB | Audigy 4 | DD-D5 Pump | BI GT Stealth 240mm rad. | Swiftech Storm | Maze 4 |2GB Corsair DDR2x800 RAM | 376GB WD Raptor | 400GB WD Caviar SE16

BIOS Version

You've probably had the same problem that I have just had with a DFI board.

Put quite simply, a lot of these boards that SAY they are Dual Core/ Extreme etc etc ready....Aren't.

Many modern P4 processors have overtaken the capabilities of the board.

In the absence of an up to date Flash for the BIOS, you only have one option.

Go to the Manufacturers website, and email their technical support team. They will need to send you out an updated chip which WILL support your system. You'll need to clear your CMOS, remove the battery, and then replace the chip. It is recommended that you replace the chip with the CMOS battery out of the board, and 'obviously', with all power off.

Probably absolutely nothing wrong with your system, but very time consuming as I found out!! :mad:

Well I got the chip today, and tried it once, however, I did not clear the CMOS/BIOS manually.

I'm doing that right now as we speak, hopefully this will do the trick! (crosses fingers)

jreffy said:
Well I got the chip today, and tried it once, however, I did not clear the CMOS/BIOS manually.

I'm doing that right now as we speak, hopefully this will do the trick! (crosses fingers)

Nope, same result. Everything powers up, but no response, no post, no nothing.

I'm really REALLY getting sick of having to call ASUS and none of them being able to lend any help whatsoever.

Your post is a few days old, so you may have moved on... but there's one thing you didn't mention...

Have you completely removed your board from the case before testing? I've heard of this behavior when the board is shorting to the case.

My P5W DH had similar issues that were solved by powering down the PSU and back up again. I had to do that everytime until I flashed to 2004 beta. There are 3 different methods to flash the BIOS on that board, but until you get a post that's not a lot of help.

If you decide to RMA the board, consider a different MB. It is not a beginner's board at all. This is my third build, and I've spent hours messin' with BIOS settings trying to get the RAID, WAP, and all the other features to work. It does OC good however...

Good Luck!

Back